Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-12-2007, 04:53 PM

Default Getting donk bet by a TAG

This guy is an overly tight TAG (20/12/2 type.) I don't have much on him besides his stats. He limped a mid pp UTG earlier and then donk bet a set on the flop after being raised pre-flop.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls, SB folds.

Turn: (5 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7 BB

What do you think a flop donk means from a guy like this? I called the turn because I expected him to give up on the river quite a bit and I thought my outs were likely good if he had a small pair, for example.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:58 PM

Default Re: Getting donk bet by a TAG

I almost never give them credit for a hand on a flop like this. I'm thinking it's a draw. Whether it is or not, you've gotta peel right? Why would he donk a made straight? Eh, I'm tired due to jet lag but I think I would've played it the same. The turn's the big question on this one though, right?
Old 11-12-2007, 05:00 PM

Fold the turn, but I'd prob. fold the flop with a guy to act.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:02 PM

I can find a fold on this turn imo...Your getting like 6-1 which is close if all 6 outs are good, but on that draw heavy board, I dont think you can count the 6 full outs.

With the sb calling your raise and the UTG in the hand, the BB was effectively getting 7-1 to call which means his range in general will be wider than normal.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:08 PM

I fold flop.I donīt like players like him betting into me and having one player acting behind me.
You probably donīt have 6 outs on average either since a donk by a good tight player often seems to indicate a really good hand trying to provoke some action.
Also RIO involved since you often lose more bets than him when you are behind than you will win when you hit a "lucky" turn.
Next time he donks I call down all the way though.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I almost never give them credit for a hand on a flop like this. I'm thinking it's a draw. Whether it is or not, you've gotta peel right? Why would he donk a made straight? Eh, I'm tired due to jet lag but I think I would've played it the same. The turn's the big question on this one though, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I questioned every street.

The flop I thought was okay though because the table was fairly loose and passive so I wasn't that worried about getting raised.

The turn I explained.

He had a long pause on the river before betting. I read that as a set. Like I said, he donk bet a set before on an A high board. I guess that answers my own question. I should probably just fold the turn against level 1 thinking TAGs.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:11 PM

This isn't HU, BB is leading the flop into 4 players. I think just folding the flop is best here. Reverse domination is a pretty big issue on flops like this and you really shouldn't be showing down AJ UI on this board.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:53 PM

If SB is aggro flop peel is questionable at best. If he is passive I am fine with it.

I muck the turn thinking my hand is never good.