Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 06:12 PM

Default Re: WPT Niagara, Last hand before the break...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I should have included this in the OP, but the villain in this hand probably recognizes I am a solid internet player and am not some random donk.

I think you guys are taking "loose-aggressive, young player" for more than what it is. He wasn't getting out of line too often, he was just playing a lot of pots and C-betting most flops.

I'm not looking for value here, I am looking to see a free showdown on the river. His raise size kind of confused me as well. It seemed like a small value raise, but I'm not sure if he is value'ing a boat or a flush (I think he would flat the turn with trips). I also think he is the type of player to raise a flush on the flop, especially since he doesn't have the ace of spades.

I decided to call, and the river was a red 2, I checked, and he said "all-in" pretty quickly and I folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

??

You call the turn and check the river, what did he put you on when he shoved?

[/ QUOTE ]

prob something a tad weaker than the nut flush...

like JJ.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:15 PM

Bill this ahnd is really bad he could be slowplaying 100 other flush combos and trying to get value from them now.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I should have included this in the OP, but the villain in this hand probably recognizes I am a solid internet player and am not some random donk.

I think you guys are taking "loose-aggressive, young player" for more than what it is. He wasn't getting out of line too often, he was just playing a lot of pots and C-betting most flops.

I'm not looking for value here, I am looking to see a free showdown on the river. His raise size kind of confused me as well. It seemed like a small value raise, but I'm not sure if he is value'ing a boat or a flush (I think he would flat the turn with trips). I also think he is the type of player to raise a flush on the flop, especially since he doesn't have the ace of spades.

I decided to call, and the river was a red 2, I checked, and he said "all-in" pretty quickly and I folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

??

[/ QUOTE ]

like JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, you played your hand like As8h to him.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:19 PM

wow no.

it's the last hand before the break! he has two cards! ugh.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow no.

it's the last hand before the break! he has two cards! ugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

OP: no offense at all. Just think fold is wrong. Good luck.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:43 PM

Not to flame buddy, but I also hate your fold
Old 10-30-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

??

[/ QUOTE ]

like JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, you played your hand like As8h to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

if villain thinks bill has As8x, why would he shove river?
Old 10-30-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured that he knows that you know that he's an aggressive player etc...that, and the fact that it's the last hand before break means you can absolutely not fold. I was going to say push the turn, because I feel like that's the best way to get his money in there. You managed to get him to stack off anyway, but def. blew it by folding. I think you should just fold preflop and use the extra time to go the bathroom during break if you're going to take this line.

Edit: The "last-hand-before-break" aspect of this isn't that important at the 50/100 level, and you misrepresented the hand originally by saying he was a loose-agressive-young player, when u seem to be saying he was just a competent/thinking player...anyway, even if you had told us this guy was a nit, most people would be clamoring for chips to go in the pot somehow.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he has 78o, I don't even give him credit for having a T here. Villain knows he can't beat most of our ranges at showdown.

His river shove (when we check to him) confirms we are way ahead...
Old 10-30-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if he can't beat a pair of eights, or the As. Decent chance the river shove is a bluff.