Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 10:41 PM

Default Re: Video NL50 4 Tables @ stars

Ok im reviewing live(Type as i go).

AK at start is "ok" imo. One of those...whatever hands. Gap concept etc.

14mins in, nothing new yet, all 100% standard.

Oh the KT hand vs 50VPIP guy seems ok, bet for value for sure - C/C isnt as optimal IMO.

15:20 - I bet 1.5 with KJ on 45K board, pretty dry.

16:55 - Cbet/stack off IMO. Uh turn cards meh, nothing bad - I probably call his lead IMO. Value bet is thin, not because he has 5x or 2pair, but because he may not call with anything except 1pair++++. So check behind id say is good. Plus folding to raise blows [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

19:07 - No flush ever IMO, id make it 13 cause im a wuss.

"Gotta go to the rest room" *video continues as you pick up a bottle to piss in* [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

20:10 - isnta call, raise blows IMO. You did exactly that so gooot sir.

ok you timed out, fair enough no bottle action. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

21:08 JTs - Raisy daisy.

21:49 hehe KK again to raise, maybe well get some action! He prob thinks your gunning for him now. Meh no action.

22:11 34o button - No raisy daisy? Its close. Blinds tight so its a raise IMO.

22:31 - Cbet or dont - W/e, tbh Cbet is prob +EV if he calls then chks and doesnt bluff since we bluff out 6outers X% win the other Y% and are ahead the Z% blah blah etc etc.

24:31 - A9o is ok, i start to hate A7 and maybe A8 though.

25:00 - AA i prob make it a bit more, i just raise a tad more OOP.

27:00 - Fold is goot, hes prob got a hand tbh.

27:26 - Fine folding AQs IMO.

30min - LOL @ going up and down the menu but not going to the 4th one down or so for animation [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Your getting some sexy hands with even sexier flops and turns, wow its pretty.

31:24 - I make it like 12 not 14. Maybe im losing value, dunno.

35 QQ - Cbet for sure, man you run nice.

37min - K2 - Check dont bet. Bet turn if it bricks.

You make it 8.5 with a raise with KK, but 7 to a raise with QQ OOP? I believe the raise size was pretty similar also.

43 - 33 hands - Fine so far, turn hit.... Bet again.... Minraise... meh i shove. LOLz, cha ching.

I dont see anything major you play diff to me, or incorrectly(IMO) or w/e.

45:25 - 44, fine.

45:45 - AK Hmm he called again, odd 8x? I dont see it tbh. I reckon Ax, but bet say 16. wow.

49:30 - JJ Call, now bet turn IMO. like $7, good [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Ok he folds cool.

50min - AQ - Seems good, but i cbet the AQ.

51 - Lmfao, you run sick. I wanna run like this! Ok raisy daisy. Awesome, id of just raised FWIW. However i cbet with 88 vs everyone since you missed value IMO/can fold a 6 outer. Its close, but cbet IMO.

53:30 - you cbet AQ now IP, not sure what your reasoning is? being in position changes nothing IMO. Flop texture however is a good reason.

54:22 - Calling T9 sucks IMO.

55:10 - Easy raise/stack off. Meh lame turn, your equity is great though so check IMO. Raise a donk, or value bet 17 into $22. Yes easy raise to river bet, Ax calls all day long IMO.

Anyway, pretty good video - we got to see action which is good, preflop is boring obv.

GG - Reply anything you agree/disagree with
Old 10-18-2007, 04:37 AM

Redsoxfan:
Yeah I don't c-bet this flop because I got called PF by 2 stationish guys. But have fold to cbet around 50 percent. So I almost never cbet a flop there unless it is very dry with a high card like A,7,2

If the turn comes Q high and it's checked through I'm likely to just check behind. Don't feel like turning my hand in a bluff and don't think I'll get much value from weaker hands there.

If the turn is a card lower than my PP I'm likely to look for one street of value and check behind on the river. If the same low turn comes and it's bet into me I'll call one street, and give up on the river if he bets again and check behind if he checks.

If this pot was just with 1 caller I c-bet here 100% of the time hoping to just take it down, or turn an 8 LOL

Perk 76:
You could also go for check calling or even check raising in spots like that when the button limped pf and is betting prob just with air to take it down.
But I like taking the lead in a hand. Prob just unlucky in this video in those limped pots but normally you get value from 2nd pair etc. Because most people don't put you on an A or K in limped pots. Or they just think their 2nd pair is good. So playing it passive can be good to sometimes if you know villain is bluffy just let him bluff but otherwise bet for value I believe.

Aceium:
I think the answer to perks question answers yours also
Old 10-18-2007, 05:23 AM

@NLNEWBIE

Why bet so little?, we want to build a pot with our pretty strong hand

16:55 - Cbet/stack off IMO. Uh turn cards meh, nothing bad - I probably call his lead IMO. Value bet is thin, not because he has 5x or 2pair, but because he may not call with anything except 1pair++++. So check behind id say is good. Plus folding to raise blows
Yeah def stack of on that flop vs this guy, I think I was way ahead or way behind in this situation and calling seems best. I think I should have valuebet the river. Because basicly he said, I'm afraid of the king I'm checking wouldn't he not be afraid if he had 2 pair plus. And I don't think this villian is tricky enough to c/r us on the river. So I think I missed value there but am open to other opinions.

Just raise it more you'll lose value by raising that small. My comment about I have to fold to a raise was wrong imo, i'm happy getting it all in there. Mention I first said I don't give him credit for the flush I think if he has one here it's just a cooler and move on.

"Gotta go to the rest room" *video continues as you pick up a bottle to piss in*
Haha lol I saw I flopped a hand and had to play it out, went to the restroom after that so no warm bottle next to me lol

Yeah it is but I timed out

21:49 hehe KK again to raise, maybe well get some action! He prob thinks your gunning for him now. Meh no action.
He can read my soul ater I stacked him big time once [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I agree should have raised that up

22:31 - Cbet or dont - W/e, tbh Cbet is prob +EV if he calls then chks and doesnt bluff since we bluff out 6outers X% win the other Y% and are ahead the Z% blah blah etc etc.
I don't like cbetting here, i'll also don't cbet made hands to keep him of track. And I will cbet everytime in position. Feel like cbetting here is not profitable

I like to raise almost any ace most of the time from CO/BTN, think you steal enough blinds to make it profitable if the blinds are tight

I never do this should I start doing it?

I think it's debatable, like someone said we'll prob get paid off big if we hit our flush here. Still thinking about it though, like to hear more thoughts about this one

30min - LOL @ going up and down the menu but not going to the 4th one down or so for animation
haha lol I'm stupid and blind

I like betting more on this drawy board

Yeah I need to protect there

I really prefer betting here to protect against any flushdraw or to gain value from any J or maybe even QT draw

You make it 8.5 with a raise with KK, but 7 to a raise with QQ OOP? I believe the raise size was pretty similar also.
yeah in that KK hand the guy raised to 2.5 PF and I mostly 3bet 3,5 times his raise so that's why with the KK it was 8.5 and the guy who raised my QQ raised to 2 and I raise that up to 7. It's not hand dependent but depends on the raise size of my opponent.
But I like to 3bet just 3 times if an opponent raises big like $3 as in the first AK hand of the vid than I raise to just $9

43 - 33 hands - Fine so far, turn hit.... Bet again.... Minraise... meh i shove. LOLz, cha ching.
yeah and ship it ty sir LOL

45:45 - AK Hmm he called again, odd 8x? I dont see it tbh. I reckon Ax, but bet say 16. wow.
Really thought he was slowplying an 8 their and got [censored], I think he played this very horrible, prob could bet a little more but just felt he had an 8 and was thinking I had the A

49:30 - JJ Call, now bet turn IMO. like $7, good Ok he folds cool.
Yeah W/A W/B imo

Meh don't like cbetting here, guy never folds to cbets and this flop is lickely to hit his range hard, I would cbet more drie flops though

51 - Lmfao, you run sick. I wanna run like this! Ok raisy daisy. Awesome, id of just raised FWIW. However i cbet with 88 vs everyone since you missed value IMO/can fold a 6 outer. Its close, but cbet IMO.
yeah it was sick, I don't like c-betting here into 2 stationish people see my previous post why, but let me know why you want to cbet here might change my opionion

53:30 - you cbet AQ now IP, not sure what your reasoning is? being in position changes nothing IMO. Flop texture however is a good reason.
I can control the hand better that way and feel like it makes it hared for villian to call with bad hands because he's OOP

I agree

55:10 - Easy raise/stack off. Meh lame turn, your equity is great though so check IMO. Raise a donk, or value bet 17 into $22. Yes easy raise to river bet, Ax calls all day long IMO.
Yeah stockoff is easy got tons of outs, If he betted out big on the river I have a hard time raising I think I would have just called, bad?

Anyway, pretty good video - we got to see action which is good, preflop is boring obv.
Don't think PF is that boring, some might find it helpful

thanks for watching and taking the time to comment
Old 10-18-2007, 08:03 AM

dude how big is the video? try sendspace.com, it lets you upload up to 350mb.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:12 AM

160 MB, i'll give it a shot
Old 10-18-2007, 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
@NLNEWBIE

Why bet so little?, we want to build a pot with our pretty strong hand <font color="red"> I've no idea lmfao. Dunno why i said this, ignore me im a fish </font>

16:55 - Cbet/stack off IMO. Uh turn cards meh, nothing bad - I probably call his lead IMO. Value bet is thin, not because he has 5x or 2pair, but because he may not call with anything except 1pair++++. So check behind id say is good. Plus folding to raise blows
Yeah def stack of on that flop vs this guy, I think I was way ahead or way behind in this situation and calling seems best. I think I should have valuebet the river. Because basicly he said, I'm afraid of the king I'm checking wouldn't he not be afraid if he had 2 pair plus. And I don't think this villian is tricky enough to c/r us on the river. So I think I missed value there but am open to other opinions.<font color="red"> Well thing is, i dunno if your getting called by non2pair hands? K is a scare card for 7x, i guess he has Kx sometimes though. </font>

Just raise it more you'll lose value by raising that small. My comment about I have to fold to a raise was wrong imo, i'm happy getting it all in there. Mention I first said I don't give him credit for the flush I think if he has one here it's just a cooler and move on.

"Gotta go to the rest room" *video continues as you pick up a bottle to piss in*
Haha lol I saw I flopped a hand and had to play it out, went to the restroom after that so no warm bottle next to me lol

Yeah it is but I timed out

He can read my soul ater I stacked him big time once [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I agree should have raised that up<font color="red"> Well i dont like 34 very much, i play 45+ normally - but its close if blinds are nits. </font>

I don't like cbetting here, i'll also don't cbet made hands to keep him of track. And I will cbet everytime in position. Feel like cbetting here is not profitable<font color="red">Well you give the pot away alot to hands that would fold, but your also called alot. Therefore its a trade off, as were OOP i feel a cbet is our only chance so i cbet. </font>

I like to raise almost any ace most of the time from CO/BTN, think you steal enough blinds to make it profitable if the blinds are tight<font color="red">I think stuff like A6o is so weak and so poor i only raise super nit blinds </font>

I never do this should I start doing it?<font color="red"> Well ive seen it being done, i guess it may give us less streets to act in so reduces the positional disadvantage we have. However maybe it folds haves preflop we dont want to fold? I guess theres more merit to a hand like JJ that is tricky post flop. Needs more discussion, not sure theres good enough reasons to apply it, ill look into it. </font>

I think it's debatable, like someone said we'll prob get paid off big if we hit our flush here. Still thinking about it though, like to hear more thoughts about this one<font color="red">I just dislike calling due to being behind/OOP/multiway etc. Reraising is also problematic and we hardly ever hit out flush, im not even sure of the odds but they're pretty poor. </font>

30min - LOL @ going up and down the menu but not going to the 4th one down or so for animation
haha lol I'm stupid and blind

I like betting more on this drawy board<font color="red"> I bet more on someting like JT7 2 hearts, but 326 is meh really, but i think your right and im losing value with weaker bets. </font>

Yeah I need to protect there<font color="red"> Without the 2 spades checks ok, or KK on Axx. </font>

I really prefer betting here to protect against any flushdraw or to gain value from any J or maybe even QT draw<font color="red"> Reverse implied odds, if called you dunno where your at. If they raise you must fold, you also get little value. Easy check honestly, its WA/WB really, so check the flop and lead out on the turn. If someone bets just fold, tiny pot - No need to fight over pennys. </font>

yeah in that KK hand the guy raised to 2.5 PF and I mostly 3bet 3,5 times his raise so that's why with the KK it was 8.5 and the guy who raised my QQ raised to 2 and I raise that up to 7. It's not hand dependent but depends on the raise size of my opponent.
But I like to 3bet just 3 times if an opponent raises big like $3 as in the first AK hand of the vid than I raise to just $9

yeah and ship it ty sir LOL

Really thought he was slowplying an 8 their and got [censored], I think he played this very horrible, prob could bet a little more but just felt he had an 8 and was thinking I had the A<font color="red">yeah calling with JJ is meh, if it was K88 i think his 'float' is fine. Ace hits your range alot </font>

49:30 - JJ Call, now bet turn IMO. like $7, good Ok he folds cool.
Yeah W/A W/B imo

Meh don't like cbetting here, guy never folds to cbets and this flop is lickely to hit his range hard, I would cbet more drie flops though

yeah it was sick, I don't like c-betting here into 2 stationish people see my previous post why, but let me know why you want to cbet here might change my opionion

<font color="red">Ah if theyre stations check is fine, if theyre "ok" i cbet. Just to protect from 9/T/Q/K/A also pot is pretty good $7.40. </font>

I can control the hand better that way and feel like it makes it hared for villian to call with bad hands because he's OOP<font color="red">Ok, you say "Because i flopped 2 overs". I still like cbetting there OOP, he seems "reasonable" - not sure if hesa station though? Obviously bluffing without FE is -EV and a cbet is a bluff alot, or atleast we assume we're behind alot. </font>

I agree

Yeah stockoff is easy got tons of outs, If he betted out big on the river I have a hard time raising I think I would have just called, bad?<font color="red">Well i think he has Ax alot, so i think we must felt this. KQ too. Higher variance peraps, but we're sooo ahead. its probably something like 60% i guess - ill PokerStoveit later. </font>

Don't think PF is that boring, some might find it helpful<font color="red">Yeah for sure </font>

thanks for watching and taking the time to comment

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-18-2007, 02:26 PM

I was watching the vid w/ NL(Expert) and echo most of his comments.

I think you played very standard, not tricks, but solid play is the way to go at these limits.

I would have CB a few more times (AQ - over and a GS, for example).

I was impressed with your comments and like how you check the HHs, even if you weren't in the hand.

Thanks and more vids are always welcomed.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:46 PM

31:24 - You pick up QQ Raise pre,get called - Bet the flop and get called - bet the turn and he shoves - You dont think he has a set here? Not sure I can call this shove.

My experience at .05-.10 this would be a set like 80% percent of the time. Maybe I am see monsters but could you explain your thought process on this hand?

Thanks
Old 10-18-2007, 07:38 PM

He's getting like 6-1 odds here.....

Folding would be extremely bad.

Edit - Even if it is 80% that he's got a set...it's a call.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:57 PM

Good video, I definitely learned something