Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2007, 04:43 PM

Default Re: QQ - wrong played ? Scary Flop, Loose Passive opponent

[ QUOTE ]
i would cap flop and turn and lead the river at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

Button is loose PASSIVE. He 3-bets this flop, what do you think he has? You can cap the flop for value with your draw to a boat or better and a third player contributing, but after that you call down UI.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:57 PM

wow LP is 3-betting you on a flop like that? You have a lot of outs to improve to beat a flush... and A-high could be getting a little crazy, especially if he has a pair, like 8's or something. Or he could have a lower set. 2-pair seems highly unlikely... not too many combinations with you taking up the Q's and the 2 being there.

MP1 is another interesting hand... I'd say he has AA/KK/AQ/KQ about always... especially after cold-calling 2 back to him on the flop. When he folds the turn, I can guarantee he doesn't have A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]... those would be good peels.

Since he calls on the flop 2 back to him, he's dead money. I'd cap the flop for value, thinking our LP friend either has the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and is getting weird or a flush or 88. Sometimes these guys go crazy with JJ/AQ in this spot too, so I'd give some lenience in his range. Overall, I'd assume he has a flush over the other hands.

Once the turn hits, if I had capped, I would have lead and called a raise. As played, I don't mind the donk in case it gets checked through and they get a free card to their spades. The 3-bet is really really spewy though... especially since it seems really obvious LP's don't raise unless they have near the nuts.

River, I c/c and pray.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:57 PM

Cap the flop for value. You have 2 opponents and are drawing to 10 outs IF you are behind. That gives you at least 40% equity in the hand. You may be behind to a flush. Button could be puming a flush draw on the flop.

As played I only call the turn raise and c/c the river
Old 04-28-2007, 07:36 PM

Hmm, k thanks for the advice.
He actually turned over J6s of Spades. Coldcalling 3bet PF with that hand, good job [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
I didnt put him on KK/AA because he would have capped PF. AQ/KQ was one of my guesses. I had a feeling that he flopped a flush, but i couldnt get rid of my set, and it would have been stupid.
I think i should have called down or raise if i'd hit.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:45 PM

actually if one villain has the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the other has a FD, hero has 34% equity. this is the worst case scenario tho
Old 04-28-2007, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i would cap flop and turn and lead the river at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

Button is loose PASSIVE. He 3-bets this flop, what do you think he has? You can cap the flop for value with your draw to a boat or better and a third player contributing, but after that you call down UI.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't played in awhile, but wouldn't a flop cap be at best EV neutral if you're that convinced you're beat? Especially if you feel you have to lead out on the turn and charge yourself for your draw?

The stop-and-go is reasonable against someone capable of 3betting the flopped flush draw for a free card but loose-passives don't do that.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Button is loose PASSIVE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering the pre-flop action, what range of hands would a passive player three bet the flop with? A passive player up against a preflop raiser and three better, with some paint hitting on the flop, followed by a bet and a raise on the flop. In my mind, save for KK or AA that he didn't want to cap PF, the range involves villian holding two spades. I probably call down unless I fill up.