Seat 4: rivermenerty (9662 in chips)
Seat 5: coy917 (3434 in chips)
Seat 6: PotRaker1 (7523 in chips)
Seat 7: nic_london (10165 in chips)
Seat 8: Golum72 (9795 in chips)
Seat 9: mikey acny (1936 in chips)
foucault82: posts small blind 100
Fox N Hound: posts big blind 200

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of 100.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets 400</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, CO checks.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero ???

The two benefits I see to leading out here are that if two people just made the nut low, I can quarter them, and if no one made the nut low, I may be able to fold out better lows and scoop the pot. My fear is that some [censored] might decide to shove with just the nut low, and I really don't want to call an all in hoping to split.

In a fairly small multiway pot, worse high hands than mine probably aren't betting even if it is checked all the way around to them, but could interpret my bet as a nut low that just got there and decide to call a smallish bet in the hopes of splitting. However, they could easily still have a better low and split the other way.

The river will very likely be checked around unless someone made the nut low, in which case there may be a substantial bet that I will have to call. So maybe leading out could be a sort of blocking bet to get a cheap showdown against the nut low and also occasionally a bluff to chase out better non-nut lows? But do I fold to a push, and if so, do I want to lead out in the first place?
Old 04-20-2006, 03:44 PM

Default Re: PLO8: Rivered the second nuts

3rd nuts*

That's all I have to say on the matter as I suck at omaha.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:44 PM

potpotpotpotpotpotpotpotpotoptpotpotoptoptoptoptot optpotopt
Old 04-20-2006, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
potpotpotpotpotpotpotpotpotoptpotpotoptoptoptoptot optpotopt

[/ QUOTE ]

dude you are definitely jonesin
Old 04-20-2006, 03:50 PM

ya, 3rd nuts. 85 is way more likely than T8 tho...unless its AT82, which would be pretty sexy.

i still go broke i thinks. mainly because you can't fold to raises when its most likely a bunch of lows considering the flop/turn action. but, like i said, something like A258 just got there good.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:40 PM

i c/c up to 1/2 of pot here. I dont like leading out because people with lows will re-pot it and force you to fold this. Your hand is very weak and any bet will get raise her IMO. Therefore, I play this very cautiously and call if no1 else has called before me. If so I throw it away and move on to the next hand.