Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Mark Seif responds 1/11/07. Most amusing!

interesting
Old 11-01-2007, 06:20 PM

The sad thing is there's no way we're going to prove anything unless someone inside AP sends these HHs. I'm not accusing anyone of doctoring them, but it would be incredibly easy to just change the hole cards on the hands that didn't show down. Voila, he just ran hot. This whole "Oh, we lost them" would be a pretty convenient way to make the time they need to make sure they don't mess up - how awesome would it be if one of the hands said:

"Dealt to xxxxx [Ac Ac]" ??
Old 11-01-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now I understand why he plays poker and doens't practice law much. This man should not be representing himself or anyone else in any serious matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, reminds me of the old adage that 'a lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client'
Old 11-01-2007, 06:27 PM

It seems that Seif believes the only thread he has left to hang on is the hypothetical timeline created by Witteles early after the big news broke. Whether he's choosing to ignore this or not, the simple fact is it was made explicitly clear that the timeline was nothing more than a theory using the known pieces of the puzzle as a framework. It seems that this is the only thing Witteles has produced publicly that could possibly even be considered as a "false allegation."

Pretty thin evidence of any wrongdoing on Todd's part if you ask me.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's my statement, Seif: "You are an enormous douchebag".

Sue me. Please.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-01-2007, 06:31 PM

quote: I have not severed all ties with AP, despite numerous requests for me to do so, for one main reason. The investigation is not complete. There is still a tremendous amount of information to be learned about what happened. Such as, how it happened, when did it start, how long did it last, who was involved, who knew about it, and how pervasive was it? hey mark gonna be hard to when AP has destroyed all the evidence dont ya think??????
Old 11-01-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The bottom line is that Seif is doing whatever he can in order to silence Dan. If he or AP chooses to sue they may have a number of jurisdictions to choose from, which will make it expensive for Dan to defend himself no matter how baseless their lawsuit is. Real classy, Mark.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, good luck with suing Dan in a non-US jurisdiction and good luck with setting foot in a US courtroom.

also, good luck with threatening to file a lawsuit in the first place, as if anyone important thinks that would actually happen.

edit: also, good luck proving malice and intentional falsehood in a case whose fact pattern revolves around a hand history that, to date, has no evidence of existing

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't be surprised if the thing Seif "has up his sleeve" (lol) is something only somewhat related to this case. Kinda like getting a mob boss for tax evasion...

Not saying that Seif is right, just a guess.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seif knows AP would get smoked to a crisp in a US courtoom.

Paying people back what was stolen from them would be a tiny sliver of any financial settlement.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 11-01-2007, 06:48 PM

i for one am not convinced that mark is in the wrong beyond simple negligence (ie he never even bothered to look at the potripper tourney and just said he did)

but he really needs to drop all this threat of legal action and just defend himself like a man. dont sue ppl panda ffs
Old 11-01-2007, 06:59 PM

If Seif sues, there could be a counter-suit which involves revealing AP's ownership structure in court. They don't want that, and they don't want any more attention on themselves than they already have. Seif won't sue, so Todd shouldn't be worried. I really hope he does though.