Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 09:41 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/1) (Spoilers?)

Wow.... harmans TJ 2pr against DN's KQ run it twice and DN sucks out both..... sick!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 05:34 AM

eliīs so bad.

heīs capable of calling off 20k with K7s before the flop and still canīt call w two pair getting 4 to 1 on the river vs the worst bluffing machine ever ...

itīs just ridic when guys like him make fun of how bad jamie is.

re: jamie

"i donīt think iīm the best player in the world but i think i can be the best bluffer one day" - right after making the worst bluff ever that every perceptive player on the table read in a second ...

that made me lol so hard [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2007, 05:49 AM

I tend to agree there. When he ran his bluff on Eli I thought he had it in good shape until he started to yak. Once he did, everything he said seemed to scream "FOLD". I was very surprised to see Eli lay it down based on that. Maybe he thought he was being leveled.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
eliīs so bad.

heīs capable of calling off 20k with K7s before the flop and still canīt call w two pair getting 4 to 1 on the river vs the worst bluffing machine ever ...

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. I'd have called before Gold got around to showing the 4c.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
eliīs so bad.

re: jamie

"i donīt think iīm the best player in the world but i think i can be the best bluffer one day" - right after making the worst bluff ever that every perceptive player on the table read in a second ...

that made me lol so hard [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

But he made the worst bluff against the worst player at the table and it worked. I'd call it a wash. Besides, he knows he can't pull that crap on Danny or Phil H.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:49 AM

Do we know when the 500k buyin table starts? I quit watching but will pick it up again once that starts.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:12 PM

the past couple episodes have been really lol with people just randomly sticking stacks in

also gold's play has been hilarious, bluffing like a madman but never making even KINDA thin VB's on the end after establishing his bluff-happy image (A8 hand, KT hand). missing so much value, so gross. especially against a station like bob safai, i seriously wanted to freak out when he checked the KT on the river.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do we know when the 500k buyin table starts?

[/ QUOTE ]
November 5th
Old 10-02-2007, 04:59 PM

Did anyone else notice Kaplan making a big deal out of Jamie Gold's comment in the AJ (Sammy) vs. 88 (Jamie) vs. 43s (Daniel) hand? Almost everyone at the table was speculating about what Sammy and Daniel might have when Daniel was considering calling the all in. After Gold had folded, he said something about not being able to say what his hand was. AJ and Gabe both seemed to find this hilarious. Since everyone was talking about what people might have, they apparently couldn't understand why Gold would say that. Certainly someone who has been around the game as long as Kaplan should no that you NEVER say anything about what cards you held while the hand is still in progress. Gold knows what he had. Everything he says about someone else's hand is an educated guess and purely speculative. I just found it humorous because it came across like Kaplan believed guessing someone else's cards is just as taboo as discussing your own two cards. Not quite.

For what it's worth, I do believe the speculating that takes place during hands has gotten completely out of control. People need to shut the [censored] up about what the players might have during the hand. Period.