Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Call or Fold
Call 3 17.65%
Fold 14 82.35%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2007, 02:14 AM

Default My friend got the crap beat out of him by a cop (true story, tl:dr)

OTT, I know there's a code here about "how he deserved it" or "[censored] the police, they suck, etc" but this is a true story. My friend got the [censored] beat out of him by a cop. I just talked to him and here's the story.

My friend lives in a condo by a line of bars near the river in my state. He cant drive right now, so after a night of bars he was going home and for some reason he decided to kick a street sign down. Forget the eithics of his act, and let me go on. A guy came up to him on his way home and told him to fix the sign. My friend told him to [censored] off basically. Again, forget the ethics of his descion to knock down a street sign.

As my friend was going up to his condo, the guy grabbed him and started to restrain him. The guy said he was a police officer (plainclothes, not on duty btw) and struggled with my friend. The off duty, plainclothesed officer starts to beat the [censored] out of my friend. He later learns from other officers at the station that the guy is a professional kickboxer. The guy beat the [censored] out of my friend so bad he was bleeding from his head.

You might assume my friend was fighting back, but this is not the case. The cop has a piture of himself where he has one scratch on his face. My friend had to go to the hospital from bleeding from the head. Seriously, he was bleeding from the head and medical records prove this. The hospital wouldnt release him because he had head and internal bleeding. He was on a hospital bed for three days.

However, my friend is getting charged for five things right now. One, for assaulting an officer which is obv a hard felony. Even though he destructed a sign, he got the [censored] crap beat out of him by an offduty police officer and I think this is completely immoral. I told im if he was black in a big city this would be on the news. I know he was an idiot for doing what he did (the street sign), but the cop beat his ass where he was bleeding from the head. His roomate saw all this, and the cops that came on the scene told him to go inside or they would arrest him too.

My question is.. what would you do in his shoes? Remember he got the [censored] beat out of him; this cop, an offduty kickboxer has one scrath on his face, while my friend has medical records to prove that he was bleeding internally and from his damn head. I told my friend to get a highclass lawer but he cant afford it..
Old 04-28-2007, 02:18 AM

Default Re: My friend got the crap beat out of him by a cop (true story, tl:d

Put a hit out on the cop.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:19 AM

get any lawyer
Old 04-28-2007, 02:21 AM

Default Re: My friend got the crap beat out of him by a cop (true story, tl:dr)

contact the national lawyers guild.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
get any lawyer

[/ QUOTE ]

If anything he will get one of those free ones. My appoligies, OOT, if I dont make sense as Im shitfaced, but I told him to contact the local news stations. He has medical records from getting the [censored] beat out of him by an offduty cop. I think this would make news.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:22 AM

If its a good case find a lawyer that will do it for free and take a part of the settlement as payment.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:24 AM

have him contact a cop watch organization or the ACLU.

Is he some kind of alien where bleeding from the head is somehow special? I'd assume anyone who got into a fight would be bleeding from at least part of his head.

Also, your friend is obviously a class act. Consider this karma for the DUIs and all the other douchebag things he's gotten away with over his life thus far.

Also, how did the cop get a scratch on his face if your friend wasn't fighting back?

Contact one of those anti police brutality organisations or whatever - they will probably help with lawyer bills and probably have a few good lawyers who take on this work for free due to their own reasons.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:26 AM

If any lawyer reads this and wants to represent him, please private message me. I will get in touch with my friend.