Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 05-09-2006, 04:42 PM

Default Fatties. My money where your mouth is.

My dad was obese for my entire life. He bore a very strong resemblance to Roger Ebert, without the all-consuming lust for ti[/i]ts. So I know from fat. And many of you are fat. Many of you are fatter than that, and you're supposed to be in the prime of your goddamn lives.

You think you're gonna have the energy to lose weight when you're 50? When you have kids and a mortgage and a wife who loves you twice as much as you love her? No. I say this with all sympathy and love, cause I loved my dad: NOW is the time to get thin.

So, in an attempt to do something about this, I will sponsor 5 fatties for the rest of 2006. Dids is one of them, and I'll set aside slots for other people I've publicly called fat, including Gamble and Tony P. Otherwise, feel free to try to convince me to sponsor you.

For the first hundred pounds you lose from now to January 1, 2007, I will pay you a dollar a pound. For the next two hundred, I will pay you 50 cents on the pound. After that, you're out of luck, but you're also out of the 'morbidly obese' demographic.

Documentation? Take a torso+head picture of yourself now, then take a picture of you on a scale so we can establish the baseline. Post both and your current weight in this thread.

The method of verifying weight loss may change over the course of the year at my discretion, but we'll start on the honor code. No payment will be made until January of next year.

If anyone wants to join the sponsoring, post.

Volunteers begin your chewing.

Edit: if you're willing to wait til may to get paid you can also opt for an entire year to get my money
Old 05-09-2006, 04:45 PM

Default Re: Fatties. My money where your mouth is.

I would like to be sponsored, but the earliest I can get a picture on a scale is Thursday. Hold my place in line?
Old 05-09-2006, 04:46 PM

I would like to be sponsored, but the earliest I can get a picture on a scale is Thursday. Hold my place in line?

Weight, height and age?

What would qualify as being fat? What is the minimum amount of extra poundage you need to be carrying around?

Bison,

The doctor yesterday had me at 331. I will take a picture tonight. While I can't verify it, I was around 345 near the start of the year. (I don't own a scale, as most ones that weight 300+ are [censored] expensive, but I'll have to see what they've got at the gym).

Since you don't read blogs... I kinda thought I had a heart attack a couple weeks ago. It turns out it was heartburn, but it kinda scared me (although not enough to go to the emmergency room, that's another issue which I do not understand). That's been a much needed kick in the ass.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:47 PM

What would qualify as being fat? What is the minimum amount of extra poundage you need to be carrying around?

I don't know, but people who could get the whole $200 will get preference.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Weight, height and age?

[/ QUOTE ]

320-330 lbs. (I havn't weighed myself in a few months but this should still be ballpark correct)

6'6"

21 years old.

[ QUOTE ]
For the first hundred pounds you lose from now to January 1, 2007, I will pay you a dollar a pound. For the next two hundred, I will pay you 50 cents on the pound.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the first time in my life I've ever thought -- "Damn, I'm too skinny."

I wouldnt consider myself fat, but I'm pathetically weak and I could lose 30 lbs.... If you don't want to sponsor that's fine, but I'd like to participate.

22/m/5'9 198 lbs of pure non-muscle.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:49 PM

Kipin,

I'm not sure you count as "morbidly obese". To me, that's where the line should start.

I really enjoy that a term used to describe me has some connotation that I'm already dead.