Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2007, 04:36 AM

Default Re: victor road bike challenge

i dunno. i dont weigh myself. will say that i havent put in as many miles as hoped due to a few injuries, sprained ankle jogging and had flare up of gout: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post6029795

still got about 175 a week but i thought i was gonna really rage. then, bam, outta nowhere. gout is back. no it didnt come after a huge bender, i actually hadnt drank for a 5 days. had been 8 monthes since the previous outburst.

2 days prior i biked 55 and bonked and dehydrated so mebbe that triggered it.

honestly i proly should just be taken out behind the barn.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:36 AM

Im interested in getting in to biking. When you bike do you have to use one of those narrow hard seats? I did a spinning class once and my ass hurt so bad I could barely finish. Also can anyone recomend a good beginer bike?
Old 08-27-2007, 01:25 AM

make a new thread. it would be a decent one.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
stung by a bee today. im allergic. at least i was 7 yrs ago when i almost died. luckily i shot up the epipen and here i am.

still, this is gonna weigh heavily on my mind. i dont want to stop riding but i dont want to die.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I think we are twins separated at birth. I'm totally allergic to bees and keep getting f**king stung when I ride. I think it's happened 3 times in the last few years and it's a nightmare cuz I never remember to take my epipen so I have to turn around and bike home as fast as possible before shock sets in. The bees like to fly into my jersey so now I'm riding with the jersey always zipped to the top even when it's blazing hot out.

A few weeks ago I set out to ride and was all excited and feeling strong ready to kick out a good day, and like half a mile into into, whammo bee sting, I have to turn around and go home and take 100 benadryl and lie on the couch all day.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:15 PM

Get an extra epi pen. Tape it to your frame.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:34 PM

Default Re: beer and biking diet

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

weighed 213 today. this was after 4 days in vegas that were obv unhealthy. too bad i forgot to weigh myself before i left.

anyway, 17 lbs in 14 weeks seems proof that small lifestyle changes can have a marked effect on health and fitness. you dont have to undertake a mr. universe style training plan to get in shape.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

weighed 213 today. this was after 4 days in vegas that were obv unhealthy. too bad i forgot to weigh myself before i left.

anyway, 17 lbs in 14 weeks seems proof that small lifestyle changes can have a marked effect on health and fitness. you dont have to undertake a mr. universe style training plan to get in shape.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, don't kid yourself. You just added a massive amount of cardio to your lifestyle. Its a pretty big change.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:45 PM

BTW, DUI on a bike is still DUI. The wife prosecuted a few cases of this back when she was a State's Atty.

Also, you drink too much, but you've prolly already been told this and blew it off.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, DUI on a bike is still DUI. The wife prosecuted a few cases of this back when she was a State's Atty.

Also, you drink too much, but you've prolly already been told this and blew it off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you must have drunkenly stumbled into the wrong thread. This is the beer & biking thread.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:33 PM

milo, im not too worried. i work very hard and soon enough i will be able to outrun the cops on my bike.