Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2007, 06:47 AM

Default Have a set, three bet on the turn - what do I do now?

Villian is a passive and really bad player. Should I call this down or go to cap city? Is not raising this flop horrible? It's pretty dry...

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (3.33 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero?
Old 07-20-2007, 06:49 AM

Default Re: Have a set, three bet on the turn - what do I do now?

pf, lmao

I just raise the flop

Once I get three bet on the turn, I am assuming I am losing, and calling the turn to hit, then calling the river UI
Old 07-20-2007, 06:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pf, lmao

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I think its fine

Overlimping small pp's after 1 limper can be fine. Consider raising and folding as well. I would overlimp if the players behind me are loose/bad. If they are tight and if the limper is bad I ISO-raise. If the limper isnt crazy bad and if I have tough players behind me I just muck it. But its close.

Jam the flop

As played I cap turn and bet/call river. Slowing down here is to weak IMO. He is playing his AA-KK like an "expert" often enough not to mention you may have the best set or be up against 2 pair.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pf, lmao

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I think its fine

Overlimping small pp's after 1 limper can be fine. Consider raising and folding as well. I would overlimp if the players behind me are loose/bad. If they are tight and if the limper is bad I ISO-raise. If the limper isnt crazy bad and if I have tough players behind me I just muck it. But its close.

Jam the flop

As played I cap turn and bet/call river. Slowing down here is to weak IMO. He is playing his AA-KK like an "expert" often enough not to mention you may have the best set or be up against 2 pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I figured you'd say to pop the flop hard. My bad. I capped the turn and he bet into me on the river. At that point, I just called.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pf, lmao

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I think its fine

Jam the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I figured you'd say to pop the flop hard. My bad. I capped the turn and he bet into me on the river. At that point, I just called.

[/ QUOTE ]

once this guy check three bets the turn, I don't think you are winning often enough to warrant capping the turn.

If it is a spazz player, then cap the turn.

Once you cap, and he leads, just calling the river is fine.

And Oink, limping 55 there in the AP games, 5-10 and up is going to get you murderized.

I think it's close, and with two limpers, I'm in.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I capped the turn and he bet into me on the river. At that point, I just called.

[/ QUOTE ]

Missed the positions. I think this is fine but I would consider raise/calling against a bad monkey. If he is extremely passive bad I think its fine and just calling down from the turn 3-bet as hip mentiones is prolly best.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:14 AM

hip i can't tell if you're advocating raising or folding pf?
Old 07-20-2007, 07:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hip i can't tell if you're advocating raising or folding pf?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's an inbetween hand for me. With super loose blinds, I don't want to raise, because it will be 4 ways for 2 bets each.

Then again, if they are super loose, limping isnt so bad.

If I feel limping will get me in a 4-5 way unraised pot, I'll limp. If the BB has a high folded to steal %, and the limper is easy to play against, I'll raise.

This hand, in the CO, is never going to be a standard line. Sometimes raising is good, sometimes limping is good, and sometimes folding is good.

I think just blindly limping any low PP after 1 limper is going to get you spank raised by tags in the blinds alot, because they know you have dick, when you cannot even iso a fishy UTG limp.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And Oink, limping 55 there in the AP games, 5-10 and up is going to get you murderized.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brass isnt playing that game is he..? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Reading your other post I am pretty sure we agree completely.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:06 AM

Preflop is an awkward position. You almost want to fold, but don't want to raise, and calling feels weak.

I would cap the turn since you've underrepped your hand. QQ+ will 3-bet so you can cap. If he donks the river after you cap the turn, then I'd just make an "ok what do you have" call on the river.