FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is hotter?
Charlize Theron 160 42.11%
Ana Beatriz Barros 220 57.89%
Voters: 380. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2007, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

[ QUOTE ]

As the old saying goes “justice must not only be done, it must be seen to be done”

[/ QUOTE ]

Good choice of quotes. It nicely sums up the complaint that most people in this thread have with the way FTP conducts business.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If they were a PR firm like Stars, they would have refunded the money and gone out of their way to avoid a situation like this in the first place (including appeasing the cheaters or giving them a warning first so they can hide what they're doing). This whole situation is going to cost them more than 50K in business and they knew that from the start, but stuck to their guns.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars just confiscated $1.2M so they don't exactly refund money to cheaters.

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed that post first time through - Phil53 (or whatever) youre really really ignorant.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If they were a PR firm like Stars, they would have refunded the money and gone out of their way to avoid a situation like this in the first place (including appeasing the cheaters or giving them a warning first so they can hide what they're doing). This whole situation is going to cost them more than 50K in business and they knew that from the start, but stuck to their guns.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Did I miss something? Link please.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:02 PM

that thread was taken down from the NVG forum due to lawyers request or something. Although Mat Sklansky didn't make it clear WHOSE lawyers.

There is an article in cardplayer about it now I believe although it might not be in the online edition yet.

In short, the guy who won the WCOOP championship for $1.2 million was deemed to be playing more than one account so was stripped of his winnings and everyone was moved up one place.
I'm not even sure if we're allowed to say even that much on 2+2 since they took down a different thread about it.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you might overestimate how easy something like a California court hearing on this matter would be.
FT isn't in the U.S. I don't know how possible it is but it doesn't seem terribly realistic.

Hopefully her lawyer may have an idea or two.

[/ QUOTE ]

the only issue here is the legality of poker. It would be fairly easy to serve FT...as for collecting, it depends on where they have their assets. There are plenty of procedures in place to collect on foreign judgments in most countries.

Maybe FT should move all their assets to N. Korea to become judgment-proof against sillysal [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. FT can be easily served, and they are doing business in every state, if other states jurisdictional requirments are the same as the 12-15 I am familiar with. If they choose not to defend, they would be defaulted.

The biggest issue is probably whether she is in a state where internet poker is illegal.

I for one would love to see legal action, including a trial. You won't get to just send a terse e-mail and take $47K.

But I'm sure crazy mike would make a good witness. Its not like he's been wrong, repeatedly, and appeared to have ulterior motives at times, right?
Old 11-03-2007, 06:19 PM

Oh yeah I heard about that, but I was sure I also read that they were distributing the money to all the other players in that tournament. It certainly seems uncharacteristic of PokerStars to simply keep it.

Sorry about going off-topic.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Even if pokergirl z cheated, which i dont believe...

FT's rep getting rapęd all over the place < 47k $.

[x] Unfreeze the mobniez.

[/ QUOTE ]
Doesn't this just speak to their integrity? If they were a PR firm like Stars, they would have refunded the money and gone out of their way to avoid a situation like this in the first place (including appeasing the cheaters or giving them a warning first so they can hide what they're doing). This whole situation is going to cost them more than 50K in business and they knew that from the start, but stuck to their guns.

The customer service side of things could be handled a lot better - they definitely need to say what they're investigating. Other companies do it and it's unacceptable that they stonewall completely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow I'm shocked and dismayed someone responded positively to kamikazes absolutely retarded comments.

We don't have any facts, and fulltilt has conducted a presumably extensive 3 week investigation, and concluded she was guilty of botting.

Yup! We should just ask full tilt to give her money back to a possible cheater and let the victims feel the burn, just because we dont like how they explain things related to their investigation to someone they think used a bot to steal money from them. Sorry for the runon sentence.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah I heard about that, but I was sure I also read that they were distributing the money to all the other players in that tournament. It certainly seems uncharacteristic of PokerStars to simply keep it.

Sorry about going off-topic.

[/ QUOTE ]

in that regard that is exactly what is happening here.

Stars redistributed the money that the WCOOP player had confiscated.
FT says they are going to redistribute the $47k that they confiscated from sillysal to the affected players.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:32 PM

Oooooooooooooohhhhhhhh, whoops, I misread mbpoker's post:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I read it as they don't refund money to those who were cheated. That's why I was wondering "WTF".
Old 11-03-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

FT says they are going to redistribute the $47k that they confiscated from sillysal to the affected players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I miss this? I didn't notice this.