Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 04:31 PM

Default Re: NBA Power Rankings, WEST.

[ QUOTE ]
I like these rankings much better than OP's. I might flip-flop the Lakers and the Nuggets, but it's a pretty solid list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I spent the most time (3 minutes) thinking about LA and Denver. Ultimately I decided the likelihood of Camby not playing enough games and LA staying healthier than last year was enough to put LA on top. Either way I think it's close.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1st. Suns - D'Antoni's preaching a return to "I just don't give a [censored]" mentality. To me, that means 60+ wins and a horrific playoff matchup for any team

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf does that even mean? How did they "give a [censored]" last season? They still played their top guys tons of minutes and crushed the competition.. They won 61 games. They went all out. What's gonna change?
Old 10-10-2007, 04:44 PM

15. Kings- This is team has a pretty old nucleus and can really only expect improvement out of Martin.

14. Clippers- No Brand, Hopefully Kaman will rebound from last year's disappointment.

13. Timberwolves- The Garnett trade was pretty good getting back Jefferson, though they bombed the Brewer pick should have taken Noah for sure, would have been an excellent complement to Jefferson's playing style as well.

12. Blazers- No Oden and Roy banged up. I'm not that high on Aldridge as he needs to improve his rebounding numbers to the next step.

11. Sonics- I think this team is underrated and I'm not even a big Durant fan. They are an interesting as no one in their lineup is great but no one is really bad either. So if they can get any sort of production from the Sene, Petro, or Swift they should get mid-high thirties in wins.

10. Grizzlies- Losing Battier last year and Eddie Jones really hurt along with the Gasol injury. They drafted Conley though I think they may have been better served taking Noah like the T-wolves as I think he will provide a very productive defenseive presence. I am also a Kyle Lowry fanboy as he played great in college and was terrific in his brief stint last year.

9. Warriors- Very exciting run last year. Losing Richardson will hurt as he was tremendous down the stretch as him and Davis really keyed their charge at the end of the season (not the Indy trade). They should have taken Noah over Wright. Noah is pretty much perfect for this team as he could of helped the Warriors rebounding defiency and is suited for a running style and is an excellent outlet passer to the start the break. I really like Biedrins and all acounts Belinelli looks like a player. They also might of secured a steal with Lasme as potential defensive center. So they should be about the same as last year.

8. Hornets- A team last year that was befuddled by injuries. Paul is a superstar and the top young point guard in the game. They really need an effect Peja, if he cant get it done then they will struggle to make the playoffs.

7. Lakers- Kobe is Kobe. Bynum is a great looking young center. Odom is pretty good and ummm thats about it.

6. Jazz- I think Ronnie Brewer can really play and its a shame that sometimes Jerry Sloan seemingly randomly refuses to play young guys with promise. I think he can solve their two guard problems that have been since Hornacek retired. They have tons of depth and great young players.

5. Nuggets- Marcus Camby, one of the best in the game when healthy, controls the paint can pass the ball great great player who probably has never really gotten his due. It's tough with Melo as he doesn't really do anything well except take alot of shots as he doesnt rebound or pass well for his position. Iverson is getting old but actually seems to be playing better than he did when he was the MVP. The return of Nene last year was huge.

4. Rockets- Excellent offseason acquiring Scola, Francis. Probably the deepest team in the league.

These last three are so close that its gonna come down to who is healthiest

3. Phoenix- Should be blast as usual to watch but their lack of frontcourt depth and rebounding woes should do them in.
Grant Hill should be fun to watch playing with this team.

2. Dallas- They stayed pretty much pat and their key players are still in their relative prime so they'll contend for the title.

1. Spurs- These guys are pretty good. Udoka signing was the kind of excellent cheap move that allows the Spurs to continue their reign. (Oh yeah Duncan, Ginobilli, and Parker help a little too)
Old 10-10-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1st. Suns - D'Antoni's preaching a return to "I just don't give a [censored]" mentality. To me, that means 60+ wins and a horrific playoff matchup for any team

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf does that even mean? How did they "give a [censored]" last season? They still played their top guys tons of minutes and crushed the competition.. They won 61 games. They went all out. What's gonna change?

[/ QUOTE ]

Stein article about Suns/D'Antoni

Read and let me know if you're still confused.

I agree wholehartedly with D'Antoni btw - even when they were winning, the Suns looked tight in a way they didn't the year before.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe not get unlucky? Your posts are really getting to me KC I must be getting leveled. Check out what happened to the Spurs in their playoff run when TD got hurt.

I had a long post typed out but I dont really see the point anymore.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:13 PM

artdogg,

Maybe stop posting about that series every time someone mentions the suns? I have no idea why you would take my post personally, or why you think it has anything to do with them losing that series. It was a very simple and straightforward question. Quit being such a sensitive ninny.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They are an interesting as no one in their lineup is great but no one is really bad either.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2007, 05:30 PM

My point is nothing is going to change. After the 2005 season they added players specifically to beat the Spurs. We never saw how that would have turned out. This year they added Hill+Skinner and lost KT. This most likely will be the best Suns team to-date, but slightly worse off than last year vs. the Spurs. Wake me up in May.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
6. Jazz- I think Ronnie Brewer can really play and its a shame that sometimes Jerry Sloan seemingly randomly refuses to play young guys with promise.

[/ QUOTE ]
A couple memories. I don't watch the college game, but caught him in a game, and expected him to be a solid starter in the NBA. I remember when he got drafted, he had the "uh, Utah?" look on his face. Without Fish here, I think there's a good chance for him to get regular minutes.

For the Suns to be #1, I'd want to see Diaw from 2 yrs ago.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
look for Kelenna Azubuike to step up and fill JRich's spot on the roster. in two years Azubuike will be a more productive than Richardson.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the Warriors will miss Richardson as much as many think they will. The larger issues will be:

- Keeping Davis healthy
- How to get the team to play some kind of effective basketball when Davis isn't on the floor
- Keeping Davis healthy
- Someone other than Biedrins securing a defensive rebound
- Keeping Davis healthy
- Preventing this group from blowing up at the first sign of adversity
- Keeping Davis healthy