Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 02:51 PM

Default WA/WB Strategy?

I have a general question. A lot of hand histories talk about wa/wb. I know that this means "way ahead/way behind", but what does it mean in terms of strategy? Ie, why should I (apparently?) be so conservative when it's a WA/WB situation?

If there's a stickied post on this, please just send me there... I looked around but couldn't find anything on it...maybe I am just blind.

Thanks everyone
Old 07-31-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Re: WA/WB Strategy?

WA/WB is usually a term used when you have a fairly dry board: say A72(rainbow) where you have AK/AQ/AJ or something of the like. If you're being raised or bet into on this board, you're likely either way ahead of a bluff or way behind a set/two pair; or in other words, they're range is extremely polarized into big hands or bluffs, so you want to let them bluff because betting has little value.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:59 PM

Hero dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

If you run into a lot of pressure on this flop, you're either way ahead/way behind (i.e. villain either has two pair/set (wb) or a weaker ace (wa).

It's best to just try to get to showdown as cheaply as possible with just TPTK in this situation OOP.

Generally, you do not play wa/wb on drawy boards because you're never way ahead.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

If you run into a lot of pressure on this flop, you're either way ahead/way behind (i.e. villain either has two pair/set (wb) or a weaker ace (wa).

It's best to just try to get to showdown as cheaply as possible with just TPTK in this situation OOP.

Generally, you do not play wa/wb on drawy boards because you're never way ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]
good explanation sir!
Closed Thread