Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2007, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Just to confirm.....this is what we do, right???

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, 4 of you are unanimous on raising this preflop. What do you do if reraised...call, or fold?

When you miss the flop and you will 7 out of 8 times, do you CB it anyway against 1 player if not more?

What is the overall outcome when you go with this strategy for small pairs over several thousand hands???? Are you perceived as tricky, loose, weak for not CBing into 2 or more callers...etc....thoughts please..??

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been discussed a million times and some of the threads are probably worth a read. In passive SSNL games, open raising all pockets from all positions is way preferable to limp/calling. Some people with whom I to some extent agree thinks that in the more aggro MSNL+ games it could be extremely profitable to implement a strategy that involves limping with low pockets amongst other stuff. That does however require you to be able to balance it with limp/reraises. Not to mention relearning hand reading almost entirely, changing your gameplan to compensate for having entirely different perceived ranges in different situations and so on. It would be a lot of work to make that switch profitable.

Bottom line is that in games like these where you are rarely reraised, rarely floated and have the opportunity to steal away like you're Robin Hood, raise all PP from all positions. Usually fold if 3-bet, especially if you will be OOP. C-bet loads of flops and you will profit.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:51 PM

As other have said, open raise pre.

Fold on the flop is fine.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:15 AM

Its now about 11 hours lateer than when i posted this originally. I took everyones advice and raised all my small pairs at $50NL on 4 tables for about 1200 hands.

Hey..what an eye opener that was. I was very surprised at how often i took the pot down with a CB bet agains tmore than one opponent if a good scare card hit the flop.

Even better, sometimes i didn't CB , looking very weak, and this encouraged future calls when i raised, from those hoping to "kick sand in my face" when i failed to Cb yet again. The up side to this is that when i had a hand i got better action than i have had in a long time.

Thank you so much for pointing out this idea to me.

I'm not a limper any longer.

Good luck out there.