Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Friday Night Lights Season 2

wasn't really cold blooded. guy says 'i'll be back for you' and starts to walk off, landry quickly gets up and stoves him with a metal pipe. he obviously did more damage than he intended.

btw i was super super disappointed when this rapist guy reemerged this season. i dont know if hes better dead or alive, i just wish they hadn't brought him back
Old 10-08-2007, 06:10 PM

Agreed with everyone concerned about the Landry storyline

No longer will we have the great Matt-Landry conversations

Also, I just felt everything was rushed and I was a little frustrated with that... I mean I know it's convenient to have the kid in the first episode but I guess I wasn't really ready for Matt/Julie to be on the verge of breaking up right when the season started

I think once we get back into having certain characters being the focus of each ep instead of cramming so much into one ep it'll hopefully get back to the swing of things
Old 10-08-2007, 06:13 PM

btw, def hoping for a return of riggins' hot next door neighbour and kid...but i fear the worst
Old 10-08-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw, def hoping for a return of riggins' hot next door neighbour and kid...but i fear the worst

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubt it, since she's Damien Lewis' lawyer in "Life" this year.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I mean I know it's convenient to have the kid in the first episode but I guess I wasn't really ready for Matt/Julie to be on the verge of breaking up right when the season started

[/ QUOTE ]

But it did lead to Taylor buttenholing Matt in the supermarket and basically telling him "you better hit that".
Old 10-09-2007, 01:16 AM

just started episode, I am very excited.

"...actually it's young christians coming together to worship and spread the word of Jesus"

"You look good. Real good."
Old 10-09-2007, 01:56 AM

meh. This episode was kinda lame. Some really good stuff...all of the Coach Taylor/Saracen scenes deliver as usual. The murder stuff is just over the top and unnecessary, but I don't think the actual act was really all that out of character. I mean...if some guy tries to rape/stalk some girl I care about, I may very well kill him too. I don't know what I'd do after though [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Hopefully next episode delivers alot more...I want more lyla garrity, less religious fanaticism
Old 10-09-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For the people that just watched episode one on the internet stream and not on TV, apparently they changed the Laudry/attacker scene slightly.

In the original version, Laudry hit the attacker once with a bottle while he was attacking Tyra which made it a bit awkward when the guy was knocked out for 30 minutes and really confusing on why they chose to do what they did afterwards.

Apparently in the TV version, they made Laudry hit the attacker several times in teh back of the head with a pipe when the attacker was walking away. The TV version sounds like it would make more sense and make the stryline less retarded and more feasible

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, I'm like 7000% sure that Riggins was supposed to be a Senior last year. This bothers me.

[/ QUOTE ]

No he wasn't. Don't you remember him and his brother going to eat at Taylor's house? They went over there so they would know what they needed to do to get college coaches looking at him. You don't start looking to be recruited halfway through your senior year.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubt it, since she's Damien Lewis' lawyer in "Life" this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or MAYBE NOT!

[ QUOTE ]
On the backsliding tip: Smash (not that he has much to do in this episode -- or the next two) is back to being the cocky guy he was back in the pilot, if not moreso, since he doesn't have a mobile Jason Street to overshadow him like he did a year ago; and Riggins is back to drunken bimbohood. (In terms of the women they were attached to at the end of last season, Waverly's gone -- Katims decided they broke up sometime between "State" and this episode -- while Jackie the MILF will be back in some capacity soon.)

[/ QUOTE ]

SHIPIT!
Old 10-12-2007, 08:59 PM

I need a life. Oh well. hopefully it's a good episode. need to run out and buy season one for $15 tomorrow I think.