Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2007, 05:47 PM

Default Re: Villain bets into my AK...sigh!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
River is a fold unless he is in love with AQ/AJ and with your reads apparently he is not a complete moron. Flop raise might be good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding on the river, having 1:3 on a call with TPTK without seeing any real strenght from villain is a huge mistake.
If you are so timid, then raise on the flop without putting any money after this. This is much better, than calling to the river and then folding to a medium bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not seeing any real strength from villain?
Ok you have a tight image (check),
you raise preflop and get called out of position signaling a stronger than usual hand(check)
He bets into preflop raiser with an ace on board(check),
You call and he triple barrels you(check)
He has to know you have at least a big as you called him 2 street already yet he still value bets river(check)
yet villaing has not shown any strenght. Ok. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
River is a fold unless he is in love with AQ/AJ and with your reads apparently he is not a complete moron. Flop raise might be good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding on the river, having 1:3 on a call with TPTK without seeing any real strenght from villain is a huge mistake.
If you are so timid, then raise on the flop without putting any money after this. This is much better, than calling to the river and then folding to a medium bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

you raise preflop and get called out of position signaling a stronger than usual hand(check)
He has to know you have at least a big as you called him 2 street already yet he still value bets river(check)
yet villaing has not shown any strenght. Ok. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Having 28/6 - villain may easy call UTG with A9-AQ.
Having A9-AQ, i will make the same bets as villain, who may easy put you on a flush draw and make a normal blocking bet on the river, i dont see nothing extremely especial from him. Of course he may bet in this way sets and two pair. But the chances he has just a pair of aces are at least the same, even bigger, I think. It is a standart WA/WB line.

P.S. On the river to breakeven you should be ahead only 25% of time. I think you ahead here at least about 50% of time against a semi-loose villain.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Having A9-AQ, i will make the same bets as villain, who may easy put you on a flush draw and make a normal blocking bet on the river, i dont see nothing extremely especial from him. Of course he may bet in this way sets and two pair. But the chances he has just a pair of aces are at least the same, even bigger, I think. It is a standart WA/WB line.

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG did not call it was SB who called.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:56 PM

I think your line is fine - call river as played.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG did not call it was SB who called.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mistake from my side, sorry. But I dont think it will change much.