Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 03:55 AM

Default Re: Just back from WPT Foxwood Final Table...SPOILER

[ QUOTE ]
OP, what do you know about the marked Aces?

[/ QUOTE ]

Durrr first mention to the TD that he could notice something (he didn't say exactly what) with one of the cards that made it stand out. The TD immediately asked for a new deck, no questions asked. The dealer, with the help of Dwan and the rest of the players looking on, dealt out the deck face down to look for other marked cards. At which point, Mike Vela, the guy who eventually won, from across the table, said something like "there's another one". After they were both turned up, they were two Aces. The players sort of laughed it off, including the Nenad Medic comment about online poker, the deck was replaced, and they moved on.

I should also mention, not that this matters much, but some [censored] seem to want something they "didn't aready know" as if I somehow posted the overview for my own good. In between the 40-80k and 60-120k blind levels, the TD asked someone off set (who I guess we both assumed knew what they were talking about) what the next blind level was. Instead of 60-120k, he was told 50-100k. The blinds were posted as such and Schulman made an opening raise at which point the TD was informed there was no 50-100k blind level in the structure. The TD was visibly frustrated and went as far as to say something like "I asked you 6 times what the next level was". The TD tried to have the blinds re-posted by the players but Nenad informed him that Schulman had already raised.

The hand was played out and the blinds continued at 60-120k from the next hand on as normal.

I should also mention that during one of the first few 10 minute TV breaks, while speaking with Mike Sexton I asked him how long the levels were in the news structure and he told me he thought they were 90 minutes and the next level was 50 and 100k. Now obv Mike is not responsible for having the structure memorized but take it for what it's worth.

Hope this helps to make your day for all of you lurking around 2p2 just to reply....

Ban.

or

[ ] "Insert smart [censored] comment here"

If the post is either N, V, or G, but for whatever reason doesn't meet your requirements...honestly...save it, know buddy cares
Old 11-14-2007, 04:25 AM

You actually got one hand wrong. Durr raised like 650k w/ QQ, and KQ went all in. Durr had him covered with his intial raise.

Good WPT aside from Durr getting ridiculously bad beated.

Side brag, got a hug and kiss from Kimberly Lansing when I saw her again [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2007, 04:27 AM

op missed the ball on this one..
Old 11-14-2007, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You actually got one hand wrong. Durr raised like 650k w/ QQ, and KQ went all in. Durr had him covered with his intial raise.

Good WPT aside from Durr getting ridiculously bad beated.

Side brag, got a hug and kiss from Kimberly Lansing when I saw her again [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, I appologize, Durrr's raise was enough to cover Medic's stack, causing him to CALL all in, not 3bet shove, thx.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:38 AM

its ok bc I got the action wrong. I thought it was like 650k but it was around 750k

thopught there were limpers but i think someone might have raised in between initially too.... hard to remember it all but you did a pretty good job of it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2007, 04:40 AM

LOL so not only is 05443453452132 some sort of retard anti rules comittee/JC Tran phanboy/bitchboy but he is also a WPT railtard. LoL! made my day!
Old 11-14-2007, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
its ok bc I got the action wrong. I thought it was like 650k but it was around 750k

thopught there were limpers but i think someone might have raised in between initially too.... hard to remember it all but you did a pretty good job of it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

np, the only reason I did it was to give anyone interested an idea of the action from someone who was there. From the way you're talking it sounds like you were there, is that right? If so, I have a few question about some people there you might be able to answer. The unnecessary comments I was talking about earlier in this thread are epitomized by the muppet comment above this one.....
Old 11-14-2007, 05:08 AM

OP, thank you for the post, it was a good read.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:27 AM

so no one seemed to care that someone could have easily been cheating. two aces marked raises flags for me. ne one else?
Old 11-14-2007, 07:41 AM

Thanks for that, good read. Re. the [censored], just put them on your ignore list.