Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: A player is cheated if his opponent ever calls the clock on him when the opponent has the nuts
Yes 0 0%
No 47 100.00%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2007, 08:46 PM

Default Re: The Official NHL Playoffs Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, no ATL coverage for Rangers/Thrashers game. Not even with Comcast's sports package. GG NHL.

[/ QUOTE ]

? DirecTV says it's on Sports South.

If you're not watching, I'll summarize the game for you: Kari Lehtonen is terrible.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:28 PM

Jesus H., COME ON RANGERS
Old 04-12-2007, 09:35 PM

Kiprusoff should play soccer. Gets bumped into and goes down like he's dead. Nice little pile-up/fight. Also nice to see the Wings playing well in the playoffs. At least for 1 game.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:36 PM

lol I think we've lost half of our Ranger's fans this season due to heart attack.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
San Jose minus Cheechoo is ugly for the Sharks. That's a big loss.

If only it was Tootoo who did that knee-on-knee... oh man!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a Preds fan, so I'm probably biased (I also haven't seen many replays of it, FTR), but this collision didn't look intentional to me---I don't think it warranted a game misconduct. Anyone else, or am I just being a homer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, watch in slow motion. I watched it at least 20 times and it just got uglier and uglier. Hartnell starts to go wide (towards the boards) after Cheechoo passes the puck but then slides his right leg out to take out Cheechoo's already-hurt knee. You don't normally spread your legs a mile apart skating.

Here's a diagram:

||
/|
/..|

Hartnell should be suspended for this BS. I hope Forsberg gets hurt on his own dive.

Not only did he knee, he elbowed Cheechoo WAY after the pass was let go. Notice the blood on the face?
Old 04-12-2007, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a Preds fan, so I'm probably biased (I also haven't seen many replays of it, FTR), but this collision didn't look intentional to me---I don't think it warranted a game misconduct. Anyone else, or am I just being a homer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheechoo dodged the check, Hartnell sort of stretched to get a piece of him and accidentally kneed the side of Cheechoo's knee. Not dirty as far as I saw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stretching out = kneeing. It's on PURPOSE. Pro's don't [censored] stretch out on accident. Try watching it again please...
Old 04-12-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheechoo dodged the check, Hartnell sort of stretched to get a piece of him and accidentally kneed the side of Cheechoo's knee. Not dirty as far as I saw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stretching out = kneeing. It's on PURPOSE. Pro's don't [censored] stretch out on accident. Try watching it again please...

[/ QUOTE ]

I only saw one angle on the VS broadcast last night of one of the other games, so I'm not 100% sure. However, I frequent a hockey board (I have more posts there than here) and just about everyone who is not a Sharks fan is saying that it didn't look intentional.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I only saw one angle on the VS broadcast last night of one of the other games. I frequent a hockey board (I have more posts there than here) and just about everyone who is not a Sharks fan is saying that it didn't look intentional.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, that seals the deal now I guess. Colin Campbell should consult that forum instead (which is filled with retards, btw).

EDIT: I don't have the screen caps of the beginning (those aren't mine), but before getting close to Cheechoo his legs were together. That's a blatant knee to knee and I'm really sick of it. Witt (Preds last year) knee'd Thornton in the playoffs also.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:09 PM

that knee was not at all intentional - i figured a homer post was in order about that one. didn't see the elbow though - he won't be suspended for that one.

johan holmqvist is absolutely brutally bad - gave the Devils game one. I think right now I'm 7-0 on Game 1 winners/series winners.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that knee was not at all intentional - i figured a homer post was in order about that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, it wasn't intentional. Which explains why he went out of his way to stick his leg out?