Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 01:52 PM

Default Re: *** Official 07 AZ Cardinals probably will disappoint yet again **

Haha, I just remember that Charlie did this same thread last year and I warned you suckers. But they had Leinart! And Edge! And a new stadium! Wheeeeeee, crown their ass!

God how I wish Bidwill had taken his team and gone to LA when he was looking into that a few years ago. We would have gotten an expansion team in like five minutes, and LA would be stuck with this festering turd of a franchise.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Despite the painful ending, my outlook has actually improved. They actually ran the ball! They actually played good defense! They actually pressured the QB with only 4 lineman! They only sucked at passing the ball and that's the one area I have confidence we can improve in. Of course if SF turns out to be a terrible team I'll take it all back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I basically thought all these things too. I had hoped the playing with their tails between their legs in the 4th would leave with Denny though. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haha, I just remember that Charlie did this same thread last year and I warned you suckers. But they had Leinart! And Edge! And a new stadium! Wheeeeeee, crown their ass!

God how I wish Bidwill had taken his team and gone to LA when he was looking into that a few years ago. We would have gotten an expansion team in like five minutes, and LA would be stuck with this festering turd of a franchise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tuq...laugh all u want. but when the Suns lose to the Spurs in the playoffs next...i'll chime in and say..told u so

Ya the Cards D looked good...our corners are still shaky.
Maybe we'll sign Assante in off season.

Running game looked pretty good.
Matt looked a bit shaky...needs to stop dancing so much in the pocket and just commit to a throw.

More trick plays with Boldin please
Old 09-11-2007, 02:07 PM

Default Re: *** Official 07 AZ Cardinals probably will disappoint yet again ***

Lienart looked immobile and hesitant which is not a good combination with a suspect offensive line. I had Lienart and Boldin on my fantasy team and am scrambling to find a sucker that will trade for them.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tuq...laugh all u want. but when the Suns lose to the Spurs in the playoffs next...i'll chime in and say..told u so

[/ QUOTE ]
What is this? I thought you liked the Suns and generally agreed the Spurs are a bunch of gaywads.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:22 PM

Yes...but I know that overall in a 7 game series. Spurs will win the majority of the time unless the Suns run good.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lienart looked immobile and hesitant which is not a good combination with a suspect offensive line. I had Lienart and Boldin on my fantasy team and am scrambling to find a sucker that will trade for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hesitant, yes. Immobile, no. The announcers kept saying how he can't run, despite the fact that he ran for 35 yards and was only sacked once. He's obviously not Vince Young. But he has decent mobility.

His problem was that he looked lost out there. He didn't know where to throw it and was taking off running very early. I would hope he improves because he didn't have either problem last season.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:29 PM

I think right NOW Leinart is both hesitant and immobile, but watching him play I think his future is very bright.

He got most of those 35 yards on one play where a lineman over pursued and he had the whole left side of the feild wide open.

Unfortunatly this week he plays the Seahawks and if he is hesitant and immobile against them they will hurt him bad.

Seattles defense is totally revamped from last year, they now specialize in attacking the quarterback, if Arizona cant get their running game going Leinart will be sacked 8 or 9 times and probably knocked out of the game.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:11 PM
 is offline

Disappoint because they perennially suck? Or disappoint because they suck AND they're in the weakest division? If you still find this team disappointing, then YOU'RE NOT WHO I THOUGHT YOU WERE!!!
Old 09-12-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Disappoint because they perennially suck? Or disappoint because they suck AND they're in the weakest division? If you still find this team disappointing, then YOU'RE NOT WHO I THOUGHT YOU WERE!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

West isn't the weakest division anymore. It isn't the best either by any means.