Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2007, 01:23 PM

Default Re: OOT WGA Threads

[ QUOTE ]
So just to recap:

You make a thread asking for info on a current event. The thread doesn't follow OOT rules (which you clearly didn't read or don't understand).

Yeti directs you to a place where you can get the information you requested.

You come here to complain about Yeti.

Is this how you usually treat people who do you favors?

[/ QUOTE ]
I mean, sure, if you want to spin it that way, that's fine, but to me it looks more like this:

I start a thread about a major pop-culture situation that is likely to be interesting and informative to me and a lot of posters.

It gets locked.

I civilly and rationally try to understand what I did wrong and/or explain why I thought the thread should have stayed.

It takes me PMs to two different mods and an ATF thread littered with sarcasm and patronization before someone admits that it could have possibly been a mistake.

[ QUOTE ]
oh and do you have any idea how tired the mods get of PM exchanges over pretty insignificant things? and i believe my exact words at the time were 'i'm going to bed now but bring it up with NT if you like'. hardly unreasonable.

but yeah, at the end of the day, DOES THIS REALLY MATTER?

[/ QUOTE ]
THIS situation doesn't really matter, but it's the overall way of running things that gets to me. Almost every time someone complains in here, the first response is that they should have PMed a mod first because it's easier to deal with things in private and mods are reasonable and will resolve your issue. NT assured me in this forum a few weeks ago that I was mistaken in belief that there was a communication problem between mods and posters, and that mods do take the time to send and respond to PMs.

What you said wasn't unreasonable, but wouldn't it have been better if instead you said, "i'm going to bed now, but I'll consider what your point and reply tomorrow"? I'm sure you get plenty of dumb protests, but I thought my argument was at least valid enough to deserve a fair response. Like, I still don't know if the problem was that my post wasn't long enough or that there was already an existing thread. Again though, I didn't even bring it up again until I saw the other thread and thought "huh?"