Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 11:07 PM

Default 3 HU hands $0.1/$0.2 (x-posted to HU forum)

Got spanked really badly (like 50+BBS) last time I tried to play HULIMCASH, so obv I need some help from 2p2.
I just finished a short 30 hand session vs. this villain and I wanted to see if there's any big obvious leaks in my game.

<font color="blue">Anyway, over 30 hands vil is raising %6.5 from the button and limping everything else. He is raising %26.5 from the BB. None of our hands got 3betPF, but he has never folded preflop when I raised. He's passive and fishy PF and on Flop, but wakes up on the Turn and REALLY goes crazy on the river.
Notable plays include: Practically never betting flop even with top pair. Slowplaying trip Kings on the turn.</font>

******* Hand 1 ********

Everest Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $.1/$.2
2 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2SB, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (1BB, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (1BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 8BB

******* Hand 2 ********

Everest Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
2 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (1BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (1BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 8BB

******* Hand 3 ********

Everest Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
2 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2SB, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (1BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (1BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Results:
Final pot: 7BB

So are these hands mostly standard against this opponent type? Or are there some things that I am missing?
Old 11-09-2007, 11:48 PM

Default Re: 3 HU hands $0.1/$0.2 (x-posted to HU forum)

You'll probably get much better advice from the HU forum.

Hand 1

Raise preflop. He's going to call the raise, of course, but you gain the initiative and will often win the pot with a continuation bet on the flop. If he calls your flop bet and you whiffed, it's an easy check/fold on the turn.

As played, I'll sometimes bet the flop but against this guy I like the check through. Depending on what you meant by "wakes up on the turn and really goes crazy on the river", I can see calling down after the turn c/r. If he's only betting or raising the late streets with quality hands, you should be folding to the c/r.

Hand 2

I very rarely open-complete in HU matches, but when I do it's often going to be a hand like Q3s (or a small/medium ace to mix things up). I still would generally raise Q3s, though.

As played, I love the turn check/call. If he's that aggressive on the river, though, I'd like to see another check/call there. Especially since there are so few worse hands that he can call your river bet with. Calling his river raise is read dependent, but again, if he's been showing down the goods when he bets/raises the river, this is a fold as played (and should definitely have been a check/call).

Hand 3

Preflop...ugh. There is literally no way that I'm completing 95o HU. I'll raise with it and I'll fold it, but I'll never opencomplete.

I hate the river raise here. Again, unless he's routinely showing down K high, what worse hands is he calling your raise with? Bottom pair, ace high, and that's about it...but given your preflop numbers on him, it seems likely he'd have raised preflop with an ace. Just flat call. Flop &amp; turn are good.