Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 05:15 PM

Default Umm?

Villain is TAGish, 18/15. I have been mixing up leading flops with air, straight draws, flush draws, two pair, sets, overpairs...not sure what to do here. Figure preflop is an okay call with my stack. He has $220 to start the hand.

I figure he would raise a decent % with air, a set, AK,KQ,AA so that is leading me to leading for like $38 and folding to a raise. I guess this is the sucky part of leading here...we can't really call a raise...I suppose we can bet 3 bet the flop committing ourselves for a calling a raise and praying he has air or will fold a lot of hands.

If I'm called I guess check/fold the river?

Anybody go for a really creative check/raise all in?

Me= $360ish Him= $220

He opens in CO, I call out of the SB with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I lead $12, he calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero?
Old 10-09-2007, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Umm?

give up
Old 10-09-2007, 05:29 PM

$30
Old 10-09-2007, 05:38 PM

lol, why do you insist on calling oop against decent players. Why do insist on being THAT guy when it comes to donking. By this point I'd hope you'd have realized what kinds of boards its good on. I'm glad you had a great plan for a raise on the flop by the way. Also, this turn card is awful. A lead or a c/r AI might be the two worst plays you can do. A lead is at least a little better though. He might give up his floats. Seriously though, stop trying to prove your such an amazing player when you have no plan for anything. This hand proves why your not winning at a large rate, if your winning at all.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:45 PM

lol this board is horrible for donking- your donking an extremely tight range of good hands and a very large range of bluffs. basically, your 'good' range is 55/88/MAYBE something weird like KQ and sometimes 67. i would call down all three streets with any K if i were villan and sometimes multiple streets with stuff like 88/TT/etc.

anyways, given the way you got there, check turn. you can't really rep 55 anymore, or really any 5 for that matter.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:52 PM

Agree w/ pf being horrible. I don't see why donking w/ a oesd is bad on this board unless we know CO is the type to raise light here. I mean CO has a huge range and this misses a lot of that range.
I'm not crazy about a turn barrel, but I don't think it's horrible as I think it gets 18/15 to fold lots o mid pp's. Of course the 5 didn't help our cause, but we's gots outs + FE.
But I probably agree check/folding is best now that I think about it.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:57 PM

Preflop: I'd fold pf. Suited connectors dont play well HU OOP. You won't be able to play 67s profitably OOP vs a competant player OOP.

Flop: I think its interesting that you are trying to incorporate leading flops into your game, but its just weird for me because I rarely ever do it and doing it often puts you in crappy spots.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:59 PM

Yeah, I agree that donking is a new element that I've been incorporating into my game lately, I just don't think this is the right board to do it on.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:59 PM

What does calling preflop have to do with your stack? (That's a rhetorical question.) Effective stacks are 100bbs.

Raise or fold preflop.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:01 PM

preflop is horrible and a huge leak.

im serious.