Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2007, 03:30 AM

Default Re: Pre-millenial post: 27 lowball research problems

[ QUOTE ]
bump b/c i just found this via lowballgurus and think it's pretty cool.

Progress?

I've been doing some td and badugi research, will add some of these to the list.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did some work on Chinese Poker with 2-7 in the middle (#24) described occasionally here and in my LiveJournal. I wrote a couple articles about it for the 2+2 Internet Magazine, but Dynasty isn't in the habit of sending out acceptance notices. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] So either they'll show up there in a month or two, or I'll post the full articles elsewhere.

#4: Game-theoretic optional 3rd round play in TD2-7. I have a program which calculates this for a pair of known 1-card draws. But I really haven't analyzed the results in any detail, nor really validated them. I think it should be feasible to expand this tool to calculate ranges of draws instead of single draws; I did so for 4th round play.

#15: I solved push-or-fold single draw 3-card lowball. 5-card lowball (either A-5 or 2-7) is lots harder but probably within reach.

#7: I calculated a few S-C numbers (they're in the lowball wiki) but there are lots of gaps to be filled in. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Nobody has told me about results on any of the other problems.