Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2007, 03:42 AM

Default Gobboboy has opinions too!

I saw you play at the Aussie Millions and was riveted by the strength of your table presence. Hope to see you next year!

I have just read your comments about Phil Hellmuth on your blog: http://www.wisehandpoker.com/blog/index.php/jfricke and thought you might be interested to hear my views about some of them. Just remember though that, like you, I am just one person who has his own opinion.

Your first comment is: "I've seen people play him in cash". I am not sure what you mean by this. Perhaps you can help me out by explaining your thoughts further. You seem to want to imply something, but I can't seem to make out exactly what it is. I would never in a million aussie years think that you are the kind of person that would say something negative about someone without any evidence.

Then you add: " ...I've talked to a bunch of people who have [seen him play in cash], and they say he's pretty laughable". There are thousands upon thousands of poker players in the world. A "bunch" is such a small sample that it cannot really be used as any evidence at all to base an intelligent belief upon. Mind you, I am not saying that they are wrong, just that I personally would need harder evidence to form an intelligent opinion about the matter.

Also, you say: "People like Hellmuth have such a table image from television that they get folds maybe 20% more than they should". And a little later say: "It would be easy to be Phil Hellmuth in tournaments if people always fold to you". Do you mean, "People like Hellmuth...get folds maybe 20% more than they should" while Hellmuth always gets people to fold to him? I am sure you can see here that your writing is a little unclear.

I don't think you are wrong in your thinking about Hellmuth. But that is because I cannot understand your arguments. I wonder perhaps that you just don't like him and are searching for reasons after the fact.

I certainly don't think you are a douchebag. Even though you are perhaps behaving a little like one.

So, how about it? I hope we will continue this conversation in a civilized manner as you promised.