Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 05:16 PM

Default Pooh-Bah post: River analyzer

Sushi is a Pooh Bah!!!! I was hoping all of you would be out in the streets celebrating by now, but only the people of Burma seem to have noticed.

As my Pooh-Bah work I have created a tool to help analyzing HU river play. This is a primitive version of the line-analyzer I wrote about earlier ( here).

Since I am no computerwiz it's no Java program. In fact it's one word file and one excel file. Where can I post them, so people can start downloading? Going to bed now, I check in tomorrow.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:05 PM

Default Re: Pooh-Bah post: River analyzer

Sushi,

Having read only your linked post (too lazy to put it in flat mode and read the thread) this sounds like one of two things to me: a) an intelligent bot (not playing ABC, but reacting to opponents, developing reads, etc); b) a results-oriented simulator (imagine if PokerStove mated with Wilson Turbo Poker).

I actually think the utility of this would be in discovering slivers of value that exist in out-of-tempo plays, and, generally speaking, imo, you are able to narrow down hand range-plus-action sets to a small enough number (e.g. a decent Villan isn't going to c/r a broadway board with 72o that he checked in the bb), that creating software to find those slivers of value has a very low return-to-investment ratio.

My $0.02.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sushi is a Pooh Bah!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations!
Old 09-29-2007, 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a) an intelligent bot (not playing ABC, but reacting to opponents, developing reads, etc);

[/ QUOTE ]

This is absolutely not what I'm talking about at all. It should not take reads, not develop its strategy. The user should put in his reads. It is just an analyzing tool like poker stove.

[ QUOTE ]

b) a results-oriented simulator (imagine if PokerStove mated with Wilson Turbo Poker).

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea what u are talking about. Result-oriented in what way?

[ QUOTE ]

I actually think the utility of this would be in discovering slivers of value that exist in out-of-tempo plays, and, generally speaking, imo, you are able to narrow down hand range-plus-action sets to a small enough number (e.g. a decent Villan isn't going to c/r a broadway board with 72o that he checked in the bb), that creating software to find those slivers of value has a very low return-to-investment ratio.
My $0.02.

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea what u mean. I honestly don't think u have understood what this tool should be able to do and what it should not be able to do. And frankly, I'm to lazy to explain that for the 50 time or so.

AaronW, Baronzeus, Matt Flynn, Heisneberg and others seems to disagree with u.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:57 AM

Default Free poker tool

The point is this: I have constructed a <font color="red"> free tool </font> to help people with there HU river analysis. It consists of one word file and one excel file. It will take a little work from the user to understand, but I think it's pretty easy to use.

If u want it please pm me ur E-mail and I send it, free of charge of course.

If anyone has a homepage where I can put it for good please pm me.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:19 AM

Clearly you're right, I don't understand what you're talking about.

[ QUOTE ]
...frankly, I'm to lazy to explain that for the 50 time or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, then why the [censored] did you make a thread about it?
Old 09-29-2007, 02:04 PM

PLZ POST RESULTS
Old 09-29-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf. This post wasn't about that analyzer at all. It was about that I wanted to give away a free tool. It was u who started this discussion again. We all know u are an ass. So it was stupid of me to respond.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PLZ POST RESULTS

[/ QUOTE ]

15 packages ordered so far.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf. This post wasn't about that analyzer at all. It was about that I wanted to give away a free tool. It was u who started this discussion again. We all know u are an ass. So it was stupid of me to respond.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sushi, wtf yourself...look at your subject. This thread is about your River Analyzer, no?

As to my being an ass, wtf again? I made a comment about your idea, which I apparently didn't understand. You got snippy, and said you didn't want to explain it to me. I have now read the whole linked thread, and still am in the dark as to why there's any utility here at all, as it seems to be that the user needs to accurately a) put a Villan on a hand range, and b) predict Villan's action for those ranges, and it's been noted many times that these are really, really hard things to do, especially against erratic micro- and small-stakes competition.

Do you seriously think that it's harder to do the EV calcs than to come up with the range/action combinations?

But, on the assumption that I'm still missing something, I'm going to PM you my email and have you send me the tool. If I'm way off base, I'll be the first to admit it.