Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 02:17 PM

Default What HUD Stats for Tournaments? And once more: PO or PT?

I want to improve my play in online tournaments, and am going to try using PT or PO (which I don't yet own) in order to do so.

Have there been any threads on what statistics might be best for rating tournament opponents? I would think with so much of correct strategy determined by stack size and bubble proximity the looseness and aggression ratings that tell you what you need to know for cash games lose a lot of value. Are there add-ons that optimize these stats for rating tournament opponents? Or is there other software that focuses on this?

I also have a seperate question. The poster Excision, who seems pretty sharp, insisted in an old post that pokerace was a lot faster (and therefore more accurate) at updating the realtime stats versus current opponents than PokerOffice. This was a few months ago. Does anyone else have an opinion about the accuracy of these two programs at displaying opponent stats?

I'm mostly a lurker, but enjoy this site enormously and would like to thank all the thoughtful posters.