Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 09:02 AM

Default Re: Stratosphere Poker Room - Suggestions and Improvements

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for asking for our suggestions.

Here are my thoughts:

-Take advantage of the tower. Whenever someone I know comes to Vegas, I usually end up taking them to the top of the tower. Most of my friends who visit want to play some low-limit poker, but we never end up playing at the Stratosphere even if we are already there. Since the tower is the Stratosphere's only real tourist draw, if there was some poker room advertising up there you might be able to pull poker players like me and my visiting friends into the room after going to the top of the tower.

-Try out some gimmicks. As it stands, there's no real reason to play poker at the Stratosphere. It doesn't offer anything that other low-limit rooms don't offer better, but you can change that by offering up some things that nobody else does. For example, I've heard of cardrooms holding bounty tournaments where the traditional prize structure is abandoned and instead you win cash for each player you knock out of the tourney. These tournaments sound like a lot of fun, but I've never played in one because I've never seen them offered before. I'm not claiming that bounty tournaments will make or break your room, but if you try out enough fresh ideas you might hit upon some things that will bring customers into your room. What you mean is you really really liked my idea in the post right above this and think it's a real money maker. I guess I should copyright stuff before I post it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Good luck...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I stopped reading your post because once I got halfway through I didn't think you'd talk about anything else besides how much you like looking at boobs. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2007, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
These tournaments sound like a lot of fun, but I've never played in one because I've never seen them offered before.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Orleans currently offers tournaments with bounties, so next time your Vegas if you want to play one you know where to go.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quite Frankly putting the poker room in the same area as the topless pool might be a good idea and I think it was a serious suggestion.

[/ QUOTE ]
I recall hearing or reading years ago that Gaming regs or legislation prohibits naked boobs in the same area as gambling.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
These tournaments sound like a lot of fun, but I've never played in one because I've never seen them offered before.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Orleans currently offers tournaments with bounties, so next time your Vegas if you want to play one you know where to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, psandman! I never knew pure bounty tournies were held in town. Fortunately I'm a local, so the next time I'm in Vegas is right now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'll be sure to check these tournies out.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quite Frankly putting the poker room in the same area as the topless pool might be a good idea and I think it was a serious suggestion.

[/ QUOTE ]
I recall hearing or reading years ago that Gaming regs or legislation prohibits naked boobs in the same area as gambling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious !!!! I'll have to look at the law.

With poker being a game of skill and not really gambing it might be exempt.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious !!!! I'll have to look at the law.

With poker being a game of skill and not really gambing it might be exempt.

[/ QUOTE ]

In Las Vegas, poker is legally "really gambling".
Old 05-14-2007, 01:37 PM

I played in this tournament recently and the blinds got out of control making it a complete crapshoot, by the time we hit the final table everyone had less than 5 big bets which was pretty absurd..
Old 05-14-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played in this tournament recently and the blinds got out of control making it a complete crapshoot, by the time we hit the final table everyone had less than 5 big bets which was pretty absurd..

[/ QUOTE ]

At the Strat? Well, technically any tournament can be this way. It's no secret. Tournaments have escalating blinds for the simple fact that it's pointless to have it take forever to play. If people dont want to play at the lower levels and they all wait for the higher ones to just push all in, well so be it. This is 90% of the daily tournaments in this town. You can give someone 100k in chips and they will all do nothing until the blinds go so high as to have no choice but to go all in. That's what gamblers want, to go ALL IN like on tv.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:38 PM

If that were so, life would be good. Unfortunately 2 or 3 do this and the others are playing ATC. Easy to get whipsawed between.

Like the new avatar. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-14-2007, 11:48 PM

wow, i ihavent been on this site in days and it's to page 6.

first of all, i appreciate all of the advice.

as for a poker consultant or hiring 2+2 professionals, IMO it probably has little chance of happening.

i like the ideas of marketing the tower. with the new owners coming on board, there is talks of new project expansions in the tower...stay tuned

working on the poker angle would be good...also they have considered moving the poker room into the high limit slot section since it s pretty much a dog.

anyhow, i appreciate the advice and please keep it coming.

chao
Closed Thread