Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2006, 10:35 PM

Default Montreal Lodging Suggestions

I've been to every b&b, hostel, hotel and travel site on the web, searching for vacation rentals and rooms for rent in Montreal, coming up empty handed or unsure if the place is actually half decent or not. The hostels seem ridiculously priced for what they are (compared to other cities) and most of the great condos for daily rental are taken. I'm at the end of my rope here, and I seriously do NOT want to stay with my former supervisor at her apartment. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Any 2p2ers have a suggestion? I'm looking for under $100 a night (for two people) and anywhere in the greater Montreal area... I'm willing to walk a bit to a metro station or just walk, period.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:38 PM

Default Re: Montreal Lodging Suggestions

I dont know the hostel scene but I live in mtl and I know the city pretty well so I could tell you which locations are good or not.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:20 AM

Hostelworld has never led me astray while in Europe. Should be ok for montreal too just make sure to check the reviews and location.

hostelworld - montreal

-SmileyEH
Old 08-11-2006, 12:32 AM

Just returned (literally a few hours ago) from the Sheraton in Montreal. It was 105.99 per night, booked on travelocity. The hotel was great, clean and friendly and right in central downtown area. Walking distance to old Montreal and to McGill campus as well as nearby restaurants and stores.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been to every b&amp;b, hostel, hotel and travel site on the web, searching for vacation rentals and rooms for rent in Montreal, coming up empty handed or unsure if the place is actually half decent or not. The hostels seem ridiculously priced for what they are (compared to other cities) and most of the great condos for daily rental are taken. I'm at the end of my rope here, and I seriously do NOT want to stay with my former supervisor at her apartment. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Any 2p2ers have a suggestion? I'm looking for under $100 a night (for two people) and anywhere in the greater Montreal area... I'm willing to walk a bit to a metro station or just walk, period.

[/ QUOTE ]

McGill for 3 yrs over here......Id say check out the Delta Hotel, you get a great location and I am thinking it might be close to your budget. Stay away from the "Berri-UQAM" area lol lol.