Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 04:45 PM

Default Re: Sit \'N Go strategy-reviews?

Sorry if this has been covered before but wanted to ask if Heads Up SnG's are covered in this book?

To clarify that is SnG's that begin with 2 players only.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry if this has been covered before but wanted to ask if Heads Up SnG's are covered in this book?

To clarify that is SnG's that begin with 2 players only.

[/ QUOTE ]

It only covers 9 or 10 player SNGs with a 50/30/20% payout structure. There is a short section on HU, but obv assumes the blinds will be very high by that point.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:45 PM

drzen, I'm sorry you are wrong...

edit: my tone would have been different if your tone had not have been confrontational. Re: "reading comprehension" comment. I comprehended what you wrote just fine, still do. What you wrote did not convey what you meant.

When a good sng player gives analysis of a hand in the STTF, the level of said analysis is almost always excellent.

However, I agree that often the quantity of analysis sucks.

Old 08-04-2007, 12:26 AM

Well, I'm now convinced that SnG players are whinier than the octogenarians playing stud.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I'm now convinced that SnG players are whinier than the octogenarians playing stud.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true! I'll have you know I'm at least 10% less whiny than the average player in the Mirage 1-5 Stud spread limit game with no ante. I'm sure the average age is over 80 even when I'm there.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
drzen, I'm sorry you are wrong...

edit: my tone would have been different if your tone had not have been confrontational.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I'm sorry. Like I say, I like Collin and find his posts helpful. I'm really looking forward to reading his book and I'm disappointed that it's been received so badly, largely by people who haven't even read it.

I've enjoyed a lot of your posts and I feel you have a lot to offer. Your detailed comments on hands in the book would be very much worth reading. Your slagging of Collin isn't.

[ QUOTE ]
Re: "reading comprehension" comment. I comprehended what you wrote just fine, still do. What you wrote did not convey what you meant.

[/ QUOTE ]

You picked nits. I've been around the interwebnets long enough to know the difference. You knew from post one what I meant, and knew I was right, but what fun would we ever have if we were all nice to each other?

[ QUOTE ]
When a good sng player gives analysis of a hand in the STTF, the level of said analysis is almost always excellent.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's my view, and maybe we disagree on this specific point, that the level of the analysis is a function of both quality and quantity. "That's standard" is at a low level, no matter how correct it is. "That's standard because..." is always better.

[ QUOTE ]
However, I agree that often the quantity of analysis sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just have never understood why good players feel that newbs like me will think they are helping by telling us "that's the right play" without explaining why. I understand the "give a man a fish..." thing, truly, but if the purpose of the forum is helping others learn, rather than just posing, I can't agree with it.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:33 AM

Dunno, I'm sure the analysis of the top pros is good, just that the written analysis when responding to forum posts often isn't very deept. Perhaps they just dont like going over all the factors in a hand. That said I think posts by guys like Shillx, RyanGHall, and Gramps, as well as a lot of other higher level players often include a lot of interesting analysis.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:39 AM

A lot of conflict going on here.

Can people just give some simple answers as to whether this book is worth buying or not?
Old 08-04-2007, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Can people just give some simple answers as to whether this book is worth buying or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:58 AM

Thanks for the good answer.

Ill just buy it anyways. Not to expensive.

Cheers