Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 03:20 AM

Default am i overthinking this draw?

the sb in this hand was running at 24/20 over about one hundred hands, i had no specific reads except that i hadn't seen him make this size raise preflop during this session at the table..probably about 8 orbits. i had no reads on the utg player. i overlimped because the button hadn't been folding to many of my raises, and i didnt mind seeing a 5 or 6 way unraised pot with this hand. i also didn't mind seeing the flop with position.

i'd originally planned to call the all-in, and play a reasonably sized side-pot, but the size of the c-bet from the SB perplexed me. He has to know that the UTG player will push any ace, and possibly any pocket pair. His bet was just small enough, so that he could re-push in the scenario that I just flatcall. And that scares me. So I figure I can only fold or re-push myself. Thoughts?

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

CO ($59.95)
Button ($32.25)
SB ($80.65)
BB ($49.50)
UTG ($12.75)
Hero ($41.55)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $3.25</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $2.75, Hero calls $2.75, CO folds.

Flop: ($10.75) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $6.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $9.5 (All-In)</font>, Hero ?????
Old 05-24-2007, 03:25 AM

Default Re: am i overthinking this draw?

You really really need to fold here and it's not close. You could probably find a fold pf the second time round, the raise is too big a % of the stack sizes to play profitably.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:05 AM

Limping with 87s is ok, but your implied odds are shrinking fast after the preflop raise, but the chance of stacking an opponent rises with the raise. I'd fold preflop after the raise, but I'm tight as a very tight thing.

On the flop you most likely need a straight flush to win. If your opponents doesn't already have a boat, then at least two of your flush outs will make them a boat, leaving you with at most 7 outs and no way of knowing which are good. Those 7 outs must be counted down due to reverse implied odds, you making the flush and no boat, the boat can still come on the river approx. 6 outs to your opponents. That will leave you with 5 outs or thereabouts if we are optimistic. Not even close to getting implied odds. Fold on flop.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:09 AM

uhh, i dont chase 8high flushdraw in this spot multiway pot when the sb bets, thats the advantage of your position to his raise. Am i too tight? or is this just the right line?
Old 05-24-2007, 04:09 AM

fold, or you are already beat (unless you hit straight flush), or you arent even drawing to the nuts.
And with 2 aces out your outs are even less.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:46 AM

Very easy fold IMO, but I like the limp.

Nogatsira the wc3 player? o.o
Old 05-24-2007, 05:33 AM

Preflop call is thin, fold the flop.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:23 AM

I dont like limping SCs from every position.I nearly always raise them. On the button with one or two l limper its a standard raise for me. Here you are UTG+1 so I tend to fold preflop. AS played easy fold on the flop.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:27 AM

Dont play flush draws on paired boards.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop call is thin, fold the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]