Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 07:33 AM

Default Re: Why I Am A Semi-Sociopath

pokervintage,

most of those that went to Vietnam were misled whether volunteers or draftees. It is even more so with the Iraq war. The lies of the administration are obvios and thankfully the majority of US citizens are realizing it!
Old 11-12-2007, 07:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
most of those that went to Vietnam were misled whether volunteers or draftees. It is even more so with the Iraq war.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your point?

pokervintage
Old 11-12-2007, 07:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What! This is certainly nonsense. I entered the U.s military in 1965. I retired from the militaty in 1985. Even during the Vietnam War soldiers that were drafted and did not leave the country but entered the military believed they were doing so in Defense of Freedom. Freedom not only for the Vietnamese people but for the free world. They served, fought and died for that belief.

[/ QUOTE ]

Expanding your post. Belief and truth can be very far apart! And I am sure that any true believer in USA, and other countries, ideals, would rather know the truth than be deceived.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:23 AM

When faced with two extreme versions of truth, I usually find that the real truth is somewhere in the murky middle.

Now all my experience is just anecdotal evidence, but I'll admit it is a principle I live by. I truly do enjoy being a moderate.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:42 AM

David Sklansky is not a sociopath! He is, as I have always believed, a good guy!

pokervintage
Old 11-12-2007, 08:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
David Sklansky is not a sociopath! He is, as I have always believed, a good guy!

pokervintage

[/ QUOTE ]

Elegant, and point taken. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ummm...pretty sure he was responding to your stance on the soldiers who died in vietnam. Who are you to determine what they were fighting for when many of them did not voluntarily join the military?

[/ QUOTE ]

What! This is certainly nonsense. I entered the U.s military in 1965. I retired from the militaty in 1985. Even during the Vietnam War soldiers that were drafted and did not leave the country but entered the military believed they were doing so in Defense of Freedom. Freedom not only for the Vietnamese people but for the free world. They served, fought and died for that belief. Now was that a hundred percent of those soldiers? I don't know. I don't speak for all of them, you are correct. But I knew and served with quite a few during the entire Vietnam War and I can tell you those I served with believed our leaders when they told s we were protecting our country's freedom and the freedom of the free world. For the record, I was in the U.S air force during the war but did not serve in Vietnam.

There were many who did not serve and left the country to avoid the draft. Those that stayed understood the need for the draft and accepted that their country needed them They too could have left this country and not served. They didn't. They were not forced to stay and fight. Their country did not force them to stay. They did it of their own free will.

pokervintage

[/ QUOTE ]Could you describe the process of brainwash and indoctranation the US military put you thru?
Old 11-12-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I usually spend the first few minutes of my waking hours watching CNN Headline News. I don't believe there is any other source that offers exactly what they do. A quick summary of what is happening now, pretty much repeating every twenty minutes or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

You will know more of what is happening around the world in less time if you just visit the following websites.

CNN
FOXNEWS
BBC

You're less likely to be captivated by garbage news when you get your news from a written source.

Stu

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 11-12-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You will know more of what is happening around the world in less time if you just visit the following websites.

FOXNEWS

[/ QUOTE ]

do yourself a favor and skip fox "news"
Old 11-12-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could you describe the process of brainwash and indoctranation the US military put you thru?

[/ QUOTE ]

And what would that have to do with anything? Once I became a big boy I decided what I would chose to believe or not believe. I chose the truth. How about you?

pokervintage