Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 07:59 PM

Default Freerolling baby!

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $13.20
Hero (BB): $10.85
UTG: $17.85
CO: $6.50
BTN: $7.85

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.10, CO folds, BTN calls $0.10, SB folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.35) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.35) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $10.75</font>

<font color="blue"> When that turn card hit, this move seemed like the greatest idea since sliced bread. I'm getting a call from any King which i get to freeroll, possible weaker draws as well as weaker hands i wouldn't mind getting it all in with.

While a value bet might get called, does anyone hate a shove here?

I feel that even if i get 2 pot sized bets in, i'm still not going to get as much as the calls + freerolls i'll get in the long run.</font>
Old 10-01-2007, 08:11 PM

Default Re: Freerolling baby!

C/R ai, if nobody bets you weren't getting any calls.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:22 PM

If you get called and a spade doesn't hit, I think Full Tilt rakes ~10% of the resulting pot at these limits. So let's say you get called by K-x. ~20% of the time, you hit your flush, and make a bit more than $8. The rest of the time, you chop ~19.35, and the shove loses you about $1.

So it's a +EV move assuming your opponent has what you hope he has, and will call, though it's much more narrow than you might have been expecting because you aren't really free-rolling.

I still hate it, though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think a better move would be a bet of about 2/3 a pot. You'll get called by a range of hands that have 3 outs to chop, can charge those hands again on the river, and if he is holding a K, you'll find out when he re-raises you. Either now, or on the river.

Shove then. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2007, 08:23 PM

Is this real?
Old 10-01-2007, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you get called and a spade doesn't hit, I think Full Tilt rakes ~10% of the resulting pot at these limits. So let's say you get called by K-x. ~20% of the time, you hit your flush, and make a bit more than $8. The rest of the time, you chop ~19.35, and the shove loses you about $1.

So it's a +EV move assuming your opponent has what you hope he has, and will call, though it's much more narrow than you might have been expecting because you aren't really free-rolling.

I still hate it, though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think a better move would be a bet of about 2/3 a pot. You'll get called by a range of hands that have 3 outs to chop, can charge those hands again on the river, and if he is holding a K, you'll find out when he re-raises you. Either now, or on the river.

Shove then. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if i bet pot on the turn and bet pot on the river, i make about $1 profit, IF i'm not splitting.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:41 PM

Not to mention, even if i over bet the pot for like, .60, if the board pairs, i'll be OOP and having the play the river blind. On the turn, i'm happy to get those calls from two pair or even a slowplayed set.

Plus, i have seen many times myself someone make a call with a hand like 77 here or a hand like Q9 of spades which would be drawing dead.

I think even with the bloated rake, getting calls from a K are even money. And any other calls are +EV.

Not to mention, every time they fold, that's .25 to add to the profit side.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:43 PM

you assume hes only calling down with a king...people who cant fold 2 pair will hang on as well
Old 10-01-2007, 11:17 PM

I'm currently playing these limits atm, and i see alot of stupid players, so this might work right now with these micro limts. But vs smarter players i don't think this play will be profitable.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you assume hes only calling down with a king...people who cant fold 2 pair will hang on as well

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if you are telling me, or the person who replied, but if you are telling me, a call from 2 pair would be awwwwwesome [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2007, 02:22 AM

drop your hand and run