Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Fashions you love/hate

Blah blah blah.

<font color="red"> IT'S A MATERNITY SHIRT </font>
Old 07-07-2007, 10:26 PM

I think that what Katy said before sums it up,

[ QUOTE ]
Clearly we have stumbled on a fashion that girls love and men hate.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-07-2007, 10:50 PM

Finally you got something with a little color in there, Katie. Those dull earth tones and variations-on-a-puke colors were really starting to get me down.

I still think jeans with a dress is ridiculous. Not quite hip hop giant pants or crotch at your knees and ass crack showing ridiculous, but still going out of your way to look ridiculous.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:54 PM

I like the first 3 a lot, think the 4th looks funny and very self-conscious, and the last looks a bit odd because it's too long for a blouse or shirt, but still better than the others Katie was showing because it has a pleasing brightness to it, and does show at least a little skin up top. This makes it look much like a frumpy housedress or maternity top.

Also agree that the neckline has a lot to do with how maternity-like it looks.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Blah blah blah.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are starting to annoy me. Exactly how much fat do you think these girls are trying to hide?!

What a porker! She's hiding a big belly under there for sure [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

This one has to be around 7 months pregnant wouldn't you say? Ignore her skinny arms and bones protruding at her chest. I'm sure she's hiding a fat belly somewhere underneath that tent of a shirt.

I'm guessing at least 5-6 months.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Katy, why would any girl like these tops? They're not sexy at all, in fact they make an otherwise cute girl look boring and fat.

[/ QUOTE ]

You answered your own question. Same reason girls like all things that make it easier to not look fat. They think it doesn't make them look like they're trying to hide that they're fat. Because they're looking at it like girls, with a heavy dose of wishful thinking.

From a guy's perspective, we know what the wishful thinking is all about, and that girls don't wear "fat clothes" accidentally -- they wear them because they're fat! So seeing them is pretty far from enticing or visually interesting.

I'll go a step further. These loose, blowsy floppy creations are by their nature hard to find attractive, because basically being a blowsy floppy tent doesn't provide clean, flattering lines, or any tease effect. Its effect is solely in the negative -- what you DON'T see, what you CAN'T admire, what you WON'T be able to judge a woman's body by except that it suggests she's trying to conceal it.

Maternity clothes are for the pregnant, ladies. If you're looking pregnant when you're not, "fat clothes" are not where you should turn to solve that problem. Nobody is fooled, and they're the last thing that could be flattering.

The best thing that could be said about fat clothes is that some of them are at least not sloppy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blarg I have to disagree with you. I know plenty of skinny girls who wear loose tops (smocky tops, loose t-shirts, baby doll tops). What's the problem? A thin, athletic girl can look great in a baby doll top. I think tops like the ones posted above can look light and soft and feminine. Add a plunging neckline and you have a sexy look. Personally, I get tired of the tight, tarty-looking tops. Anyway, it may not be turning on you guys but some of us girls like them and it doesn't always mean a girl is trying to hide fat. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, just almost always. We've seen this done before, by now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I don't think a top has to be tight to be sexy, or even that a top has to be sexy. I do think a big blousy thing of indeterminate length eliminates the possibility of having an interesting shape in itself or of making a lady's shape look interesting. How very sad. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Also think those dull colors are great for eating brains and any number of other rain-soaked, rotting zombie activities. But frankly, I like a woman's look to be a little more upbeat than "let's rebury her quick!"

I don't think the "babydoll" idea you have matches mine. Yours is long. Mine isn't. Long and dull, pukey, or washed out colors pretty much puts the kibosh on any hope of being sexy.

Again, being sexy isn't everything. But just because you don't want to strut, doesn't mean you should make the least of what you've got or wear stuff that looks outright dreary. That's just disrespecting your right to be awesome.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Blah blah blah.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are starting to annoy me. Exactly how much fat do you think these girls are trying to hide?!

What a porker! She's hiding a big belly under there for sure [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

This one has to be around 7 months pregnant wouldn't you say? Ignore her skinny arms and bones protruding at her chest. I'm sure she's hiding a fat belly somewhere underneath that tent of a shirt.

I'm guessing at least 5-6 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're assuming our chances of running across anyone who looks like that, in those clothes or not, is pretty, *ahem*, slim.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:04 PM

MEN LIKE THE SHAPE OF A SHAPELY WOMAN. CLOTHES THAT MAKE AN OTHERWISE SEXY WOMAN SHAPELESS ARE NOT AN IMPROVEMENT.

I don't now how to make this any more clear.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:22 PM

EXACTLY HOW TARTY DO YOU WANT US TO BECOME JUST TO PLEASE YOU TWO? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2007, 11:24 PM

Finally, some progress!

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]