Default Re: movin on up

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shove?

[/ QUOTE ]

What hand do you put villain on that calls the flop and turn and a river shove that we beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like A5 said, he doesn't have a better hand too often. Just shove. Thought it was std...

[/ QUOTE ]

I just think it's kind of a sick spot to shove.

You expect a call from a hand like 99 here? On a paired, flushing and straighting board after a 3 barrel.

I think shoving basically turns our hand into a bluff because he should never call with worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if we nearly always have the best hand, why should we ever check? Atleast put the decision on him and give him the chance to call with his TT or whatever. Shoving definaely doesn't turn our hand into a bluff. What better hand does he show up with here?

[/ QUOTE ]

With no reads on villain he could easily have any 8, 56, diamonds, full house etc.

If we knew villain was a huge donk and likely to stack off with A7 here then a shove is ok.

I just can't think of a hand he would call with that we beat with no history between the 2 of them.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:52 AM

Looks like a shove and get a call from 99-JJ if he's called this far. I would have expected him to c/rai somewhere with a set or flush. Can't rele see him having 8x. I can't think of nething but shove with these stacks left on riv.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:06 AM

shoveshoveshoveshoveshoveshoveshoveshoveshoveshove shoveshove

edit: go all in
Old 11-25-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shove?

[/ QUOTE ]

What hand do you put villain on that calls the flop and turn and a river shove that we beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like A5 said, he doesn't have a better hand too often. Just shove. Thought it was std...

[/ QUOTE ]

I just think it's kind of a sick spot to shove.

You expect a call from a hand like 99 here? On a paired, flushing and straighting board after a 3 barrel.

I think shoving basically turns our hand into a bluff because he should never call with worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if we nearly always have the best hand, why should we ever check? Atleast put the decision on him and give him the chance to call with his TT or whatever. Shoving definaely doesn't turn our hand into a bluff. What better hand does he show up with here?

[/ QUOTE ]

With no reads on villain he could easily have any 8, 56, diamonds, full house etc.

If we knew villain was a huge donk and likely to stack off with A7 here then a shove is ok.

I just can't think of a hand he would call with that we beat with no history between the 2 of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes an unknown is capable of playing a better hand this way, but it's much much likelier that he has a worse hand. AA/KK almost always would have repopped either preflop, the flop, or the turn. Flushes are shoving over our turn raise or shoving the river, same with straights. If he has 8x, he is shoving the river. Besides, if he is capable of playing any eight in this manner then his range is even wider and includes more random pairs we beat.

How do you know he won't call with worse? He's already put in $660, and we have $560 ish behind on the river. He is probably calling the river with his entire range getting almost 4-1.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:17 AM

the fact that anybody's suggesting not shoving is truly mind-boggling. this is 2007 for the love of christ
Old 11-25-2007, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the fact that anybody's suggesting not shoving is truly mind-boggling. this is 2007 for the love of christ

[/ QUOTE ]

i srsly hope some of you are leveling
Old 11-25-2007, 02:39 AM

Some times you just have to let them decide what worse hands they can call you with. They certainly will never call with a worse hand if you don't bet it, that one thing is for sure.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:08 AM

Shooove. Level or not. Shooove...Unless you're leveling my level of course.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:25 AM

op just moved up, it sounds like scared money a little bit here
Old 11-25-2007, 04:50 AM

Grunch.

Hero shoves.

Edit: I think you see 99-JJ here LOTS.