Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2006, 07:44 PM

Default stop demanding proof of God\'s existence

To anyone who requires "proof" of God's existence in order to believe he exists, I ask you this:

Do you require proof to believe that gravity exists? I don't think you have any, and yet if you're like most people, you would quite religiously insist that it does. This is simply because the theory of gravity has stood up to a lot of scrutiny. Yet some of the same people who place faith in the theory of gravity because of the scrutiny it has stood up to demand proof of God's existence to believe in him. How ridiculous!
Old 11-04-2006, 07:45 PM

Default Re: stop demanding proof of God\'s existence

[ QUOTE ]
To anyone who requires "proof" of God's existence in order to believe he exists, I ask you this:

Do you require proof to believe that gravity exists? I don't think you have any, and yet if you're like most people, you would quite religiously insist that it does. This is simply because the theory of gravity has stood up to a lot of scrutiny. Yet some of the same people who place faith in the theory of gravity because of the scrutiny it has stood up to demand proof of God's existence to believe in him. How ridiculous!

[/ QUOTE ]How about evidence other than hersay? Do you have any?
Old 11-04-2006, 07:57 PM

I think I accepted the theory of gravity when I dropped a cement block off the front of my foot.

Thus far I haven't been hit by lightning, so until that or some significant weirdness happens I can't attribute to psychosis... His existence is always going to have a sliding probabilistic value depending on how I feel that particular day.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:57 PM

Huh? Give me a reason I should believe in a God.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. How bout this- Gravity exists because it accurately describes the reality I can sense. The theory of a god or gods does not exist (in the omnipotent, benevelent, interested in life desc.) because it clearly does not describe the reality I can sense.

-JP
Old 11-04-2006, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do all the theists on here have the same pastor? A week doesn't go by without one of you guys trotting out the horrible belief in gravity vs. belief in god analogy.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I've never seen anyone demand proof of gods existence before they will believe in him.

Why do you think they do?

chez
Old 11-04-2006, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To anyone who requires "proof" of God's existence in order to believe he exists:

[/ QUOTE ]

i know i'm just piling on, but this post is pretty much addressed to no one.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]How about evidence other than hersay? Do you have any?

[/ QUOTE ]
be fair he probably has a friend who used to have a dog that had puppies, one of which went to the friend of someone who used to know someone who didn't believe in god because there was no proof god existed.

chez
Old 11-04-2006, 08:38 PM

Just stop already, this guy is clearly 8th leveling you all over the place. Congrats OP.