Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 08:48 PM

Default Satelites

Quick ? about satellite tourneys. I see lots of people talking about how they are good bank roll builders. If you win multiple satellite seats are you allowed to turn them in for the buy-in of that tourney or do you have to sell them to make money. Only made sunday million on pokerstars 1 time via satellite, which was excellent. Always seem to come very close but always fall short, had 3 5th place finishes when the top 4 go, so aggravating. Also what are the best ones to play.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:05 PM

Default Re: Satelites

i think i've heard people say that the $3 rebuy to the sun million on stars is the best. I played it one time and it was pretty soft.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think i've heard people say that the $3 rebuy to the sun million on stars is the best. I played it one time and it was pretty soft.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO.

Mathematically it doesn't matter how soft it is - the chance of you scoring a seat is so high in variance that it doesn't matter as much.

Try to avoid sats that pay out much less than 1/10 the field unless the field is small enough and soft enough that you can actually pull down a win once and a while.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:16 PM

I mostly play $20-$30 Stars SnGs so when I want to Sat into a bigger tourney I usually play the Double Shoot outs since I have an edge. These are really, really soft if you are good at SnGs.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:43 AM

Echo the 1/10th payout or better. The 11+ rebuys are gold, as is the 55 non-rebuy. People play absolutely horrific at the bubble.