Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 10:28 AM

Default Re: Ethics of clogging up high stakes tables

Sitting at all of them is fine. Sitting out is mega lame. I would go and sit at each of their tables until they left.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:53 AM

on ftp if you sit at a HU table and the other sits out, he will be booted from the table after a few minutes so.... just sit down and take the table from him
Old 06-19-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think it's unethical if you sit and are willing to play anyone. If you clog up all the tables and simply wait for noataima to sit and don't let anyone else play, thats a problem.

I think it's also hilarious when ppl like kaintd (although he only does this at 5/10) will sit alone at like 6 tables, and will NEVER play anyone. Same thing w/ a bunch of 10/20 doofballs.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF is the deal with that guy? I've never played him yet he won't play me if I sit at one of his 6,129 HU tables.

Also, I agree 100% with your first sentence.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
on ftp if you sit at a HU table and the other sits out, he will be booted from the table after a few minutes so.... just sit down and take the table from him

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with this strategy. unfortunately if you do this people get all pissy at you. the person who doesn't want to play should be the one who is obligated to get up. PimpOwnage wouldn't play me last night because i'm "too tight" (WTF?? i'm a loose calling station donkey who was already on tilt, if you're waiting for someone who's looser you're really only willing to play the low stakes fish taking shots to double up their rolls) and then demanded that i leave all of his tables.

i don't think anyone is obligated to play anyone else HU, but the attitude that certain regulars take about this is really annoying. and seriously, i've lost a decent amount of money playing 10/20 HU on FTP this year, how is it possible there are regulars that don't welcome my action?
Old 06-19-2007, 12:03 PM

one time i sat with kaintd with 677.50.... [censored] it didn't work..
Old 06-19-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with this strategy. unfortunately if you do this people get all pissy at you. the person who doesn't want to play should be the one who is obligated to get up. PimpOwnage wouldn't play me last night because i'm "too tight" (WTF?? i'm a loose calling station donkey who was already on tilt, if you're waiting for someone who's looser you're really only willing to play the low stakes fish taking shots to double up their rolls) and then demanded that i leave all of his tables.

i don't think anyone is obligated to play anyone else HU, but the attitude that certain regulars take about this is really annoying. and seriously, i've lost a decent amount of money playing 10/20 HU on FTP this year, how is it possible there are regulars that don't welcome my action?

[/ QUOTE ]

PM me for my AIM and you can AIM me whenever you want action from a regular =) "You're up a lot vs. me HU lifetime, how is it possible that you don't welcome my action?"
Old 06-19-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
one time i sat with kaintd with 677.50.... [censored] it didn't work..

[/ QUOTE ]

he also happens to be the biggest winner in midstakes HU games, coincidence?

in regards to clogging up tables: when the number of tables are limited I think it is perfectly reasonable to sit in and force the other person to be booted if they refuse to play or give you a table to sit on.

through 10/20, I realize this isn't the subject of this post, when tables are unlimited, I think it is just a dick move to sit in against other regs who obv dont wan't to play you and force them off of their tables. they are uncapped for a reason, so just sit at a few of your own.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:31 PM

someone needs to get in touch with FTP and have them uncap the higher tables -- I remember 25/50HU was capped until the Boosted/JMan match and FTPSean uncapped em like it was no big deal
Old 06-19-2007, 01:26 PM

i am really annoyed when there is someone sitting every single table, but then will sit out when anyone sits in against them. all they do is sit there eating up all the tables so the fish is forced to play them. i dont have any problem at all with forcing them to sit out. if they get mad, thats their own fault, they are the ones sitting out, not you. so just jump every single one of their tables and make them look like punks. easy.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:32 PM

once again, im with raptor on this.