Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL

Old 11-15-2007, 07:45 PM

Default 10NL - Blind vs Blind

Hey guys, recently made the switch but am having lots of trouble. Hopefully you guys can help me out with this hand.

Villain is 23/11/1.1 after 276 although at the time I was pretty much just playing my cards and didn't stop to look at his stats. Lately I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed with trying to apply new concepts and this has been happening a lot.

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

MP ($2.05)
Button ($7.80)
SB ($8.50)
Hero ($10)
UTG ($7.10)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $0.4</font>, Hero calls $0.30.

Ok yah, fold pf, especially against this villain. At the time I was card dead, and thought, oh I'll have position on him, so I called.

Flop: ($0.80) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.45</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, SB calls $0.80.

He makes a real weak c-bet, and I've got a very vulnerable top pair so I don't want to just call. But at the same time, I'm certainly not committed and don't want to build a big pot. Kind of unsure about this street, I think there's a tradeoff between protecting your hand, and not crossing the threshold here. Comments please.

Turn: ($3.30) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.45</font>, Hero calls $0.45.

It looks like he is trying to see the river cheaply, but I'm trying to manage the size of the pot so I just call.

River: ($4.20) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $3</font>, Hero...

Ugh, really confused here. I just improved, but he made a really big bet.

Comments on all streets please.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:15 PM

Default Re: 10NL - Blind vs Blind

I fold or 3 bet PF, I dont like to play weaker dominated type hands post flop after just flat calling. But Im not sure whats standard for blind play like this.

Id raise a little more on the flop. and a raise is fine IMO. I also might just call because I think you'll get double barrelled by a lot of opponents on a board like this, so you can get a little more from him when he has nothing (opponent Dependant of course).

turn is interesting. He could have a made hand and is putting you on a draw and doesnt want to give you a free card, he could have huge hand and is trying to induce a raise, he could be trying to see a river cheaply or he could just be a retard. Would be a little easier to range him if you had raised more on the flop. I prolly raise him. He's bet weak both times, and on a board where it would be stupid for an overpair to do so. Its very doubtful he flopped a set, and unless he did or has T9 his turn bet is terrible because it gives you odds to hit a draw, which is what he has to think a decent part of your range is. So I think hes being retarded or is on a draw himself

river is scary. QJ just got there, and his previous 2 streets of action make that a very real possibility, He could have something like Kx heart but that seems like a pretty big bet for that, KT maybe. Honestly it just looks sooo much like QJ that I prolly fold. But given its NL10 and there is a huge retard factor and you are getting 2.5:1 you only have to be good like 30% of the time, I wouldnt lose sleep over a call.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:57 PM

Default Re: 10NL - Blind vs Blind

Alobar,

It's my impression that in NL not much emphasis is put on blind defense. Ok, did a little little research:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=6&amp;vc=1

Yah so here, folding &gt; calling &gt; raising.

How much are you raising on the flop? I'm totally lost on post flop raise sizing when I'm not trying to get it all in.

Just curious, do you own PNL? Lately I've been focusing on planning around commitment and I frequently find myself caught between wanting to protect my hand and not committing myself. Part of me really wanted to raise his weak bet to punish draws like you said, but here I didn't because doing so would have put over 1/3 of my stack in the pot when I wasn't committed. Thoughts?