Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2007, 08:25 PM

Default Ranking the NFL uniforms

While I'm watching football today...I’m basing my rankings on each team’s logo, uniforms and over-all “look.” Both home and away uniforms are considered as a whole, so even if one team has an exceptional home uniform but an average away one, I give them both equal weight and one overall ranking. I tend to like old-school and dislike newer uniforms, so take that for what it's worth.

********Also, beware for some mild NSWF below********

1. Dallas Cowboys

Now, I hate the Cowboys, but even I have to admit their classic silver and navy star logo and uniforms are the classiest and best-looking of the whole NFL.

2. Pittsburg Steelers

Old school and tough-looking. Working class hero stuff. Great uniforms, and the logo being on only one side of the helmet is cool.

1. Kansas City Chiefs

The class of the old AFL teams. It helps that the other AFL teams have all changed their original (and better) logos and uniforms. Probably the best “mostly” red uniform in sports.

4. New Orleans Saints

Surprisingly high. But the fleur de lis and the color scheme is ballsy yet attractive, you know? Plus, the uniform just "feels" like their city of origin, so that gets bonus points.

5. Chicago Bears

Sometimes simplicity works, as does sticking to your roots. Could anyone even imagine the Bears changing their look even a little? Of course not.

6.San Francisco 49ers

The color scheme really shouldn’t work, but it does…I love the old time feel to their look, and, like the Saints uniforms, it just matches their city.

7. San Diego Chargers

If The Chargers always went with their powder blue jerseys and white helmet, they’d win this in a walk – it’s the best-looking sports uniform, ever. Even without it, the lightning bolt is perfect.

8.Arizona Cardinals

Bold, clean lines, with an easily identifiable helmet logo. What more could you want? Now if only they could actually make the playoffs…

9. NY Jets

The Jets have a great color scheme and a nice logo - thank god they switched back to their classic JETS helmet. The green and white is just about perfect, though.

10. Washington Redskins

The Redskins get docked for their racist name, but their uniforms are very cool. Love the Indian on the helmet…it’s not nearly as good when the Indian is replaced by the “R”, however.

11. Detroit Lions

Nice colors, great logo, classic, old-school NFL. Very pleasing to the eye.

12. Indianapolis Colts

I like the traditional simplicity, however there is something just a bit boring about the Colts look. Could be their logo is nothing special.

13. Minnesota Vikings

The Vikings have a perfect name for their region and the Viking horns look great on their helmets. Not too sure why they went with purple, but it works anyway.

14. NY Giants

The Giants should take a page from the Bears playbook and stick with tradition. The old “NY” looks much better than the GIANTS logo.

15. Buffalo Bills

At times a bit too busy, but their logo is one of the few to have actually been improved upon over the years. The red, white and blue color scheme also stands out.

16.Atlanta Falcons

Thank god they got rid of their all black uniforms and returned to the red...I still like the old Falcon helmet better, though.

17. Philadelphia Eagles

Their modernization of their look (silver, black, etc.) just makes a classic uniform look like any other.

18. Green Bay Packers

The yellow and green is definitely unique, but the big, blah “G” on their helmet is boring. Nothing special.

19.Miami Dolphins

You either love or hate their colors…I love ’em because teal and white just screams Miami!
I also like the Dolphin logo but the graphic representation of the sun that surrounds it is awful.
If your team colors look better on girls than your players, you've got a problem.

20. Oakland Raiders

The vaunted silver and black is, dare I say, not aging well. Their logo isn’t bad but it’s not great. It does fit their fan base, though.

21. Seattle Seahawks

I really liked their original color scheme and clean Seahawk logo. What they’ve got going now is a mess of drab colors.

22. St. Louis Rams

This is our first sad case…the old blue and white rams uniforms were a thing of gridiron beauty…when they put that horrible yellow-gold into the scheme of things, it ruined what was the best helmet in football, behind the Cowboys.

23. Jacksonville Jaguars

Colors that aren’t quite working together mixed with an okay helmet. They had a much better helmet logo their first year but it was too close to the Jaguar car manufacturer, so they had to change it.

24.Cleveland Browns

What logo? At least their blah colors match where they come from.

25. Carolina Panthers

The best of the “bad” uniforms. It’s logo and color scheme is way too busy, but the colors are pleasing to the eye, if a tad feminine.

26. Denver Broncos

This uniform is a USFL reject and should be put to pasture wherever the old Bronco from their AFL helmet is currently residing - in fact, bring back the 'ol Buckin' Bronco!

27. Houston Texans

This uniform suffers from being completely forgettable. I can’t even remember their logo without looking it up. Decent color scheme, though.

28. New England Patriots

This is the NFL, people, not Division II football, okay? A great team should have a great uniform, not this boring outfit.

29.Tampa Bay Buccaneers

This awful uniform and logo make me miss the old, gay orange pirate that was winking at us. However, the cheerleaders do seem to make it work!

30. Cincinnati Bengals

Do I really need to bring up the “varicose pumpkin” analogy? Halloween colors don’t help, either.

31. Tennessee Titans

Another USFL reject uniform with a terrible logo. I mourn the old Oilers derrick on the helmet, but at least they kept the colors. Sort of.

32. Baltimore Ravens

Horrible colors, horrible logo, horrible name. The worst uniform in the NFL.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Ranking the NFL uniforms

browns should be last and miami and TB 1 and 2
Old 10-14-2007, 08:33 PM

You have the seahawks too high.

The Bills have good ones now, but their throwback would be the best in the league.

I agree with your thoughts on NE. They're another team that should go back to the throwbacks.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:36 PM

The browns are by far the worst.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:38 PM

I'm not ranking them all but 5 worst and best in no real order:

Best: Steelers, Lions, 49ers, Chargers, Bears
Worst: Seahawks, Texans, Bengals, Falcons, Saints
Old 10-14-2007, 08:43 PM

If only Chargers could wear the powder blues full time...
Old 10-14-2007, 08:45 PM

I love the Jags all-black uniform, but I will be the first to admit that they don't have the greatest of uniforms(teal isn't really the best of colors).

Edit: Came back to thread and noticed the picture is of Jimmy Smith. Man I miss watching him play football. Nostalgia just set in...
Old 10-14-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The yellow and green is definitely unique, but the big, blah G on their helmet is boring. Nothing special.

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon man, it's not a G, it's a meathook. The Packers not only have one of the great team names, they have a top 5 uniform also.

Old 10-14-2007, 08:51 PM

Ravens, Bengals, Broncos, Jags, Rams, Seahawks, Falcons, Chargers, and Saints are all good. Cowboys are dumb. Apparently only I like the newish looking ones much better.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love the Jags all-black uniform, but I will be the first to admit that they don't have the greatest of uniforms(teal isn't really the best of colors).

[/ QUOTE ]
Same for Panthers imo.