Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Your Heisman Top 5

It's a shame Tashard Choice keeps trying to come back too soon instead of just sitting out the full Virginia game.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think Hart can withstand more losses than McFadden, I think its the other way around. Don't forget who finished 2nd last year, and Michigan was expected to do much more this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't heard McFadden mentioned much at all (maybe this is just me not listening to media ppl talking about the Heisman), but the media likes Michigan more than Arkansas. Further, Hart has those "intangibles" that Typical Middle Aged Sports Writers love to gush about: hard-working, grinds out tough hards, never fumbles, team leader, etc. I'm not saying this is good or bad, but this is how it is.

Also, in a year when guys aren't standing out on top teams indiviudally, there's more room for career consideration (again not saying this is right), and that also cuts in his favor as he'll finish with over 5k yards.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If Brohm shouldn't be considered neither should Hart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Michigan has a good chance of making the Rose Bowl. Louisville has an outside chance of making the PapaJohns.com bowl.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:12 PM

I agree that Illini running back Rashard Mendenhall deserves at least honorable mention and could be a sleeper candidate. He has 114 carries for 796 yards and a 6.8 yard average. He also has ten rushing touchdowns. Receiving he has 18 catches for 173 yards and two touchdowns.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2007, 12:23 PM

you call yourself a colleg efootball fan and desean jackason isn't anywhere on your top 10?
Old 10-07-2007, 12:31 PM

Desean Jackson's very talented, but to be fair, he's not even the leading receiver on his own team this year. (That would be Lavelle Hawkins.) The only thing I'd really give him credit for at this point is the one big game vs. Oregon and the way he changes the game on special teams by making everyone kick away from him. If I did a Top 15, he'd probably make it, but I don't really think he's Top 10 material yet.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:33 PM

Tim Tebow
Matt Ryan
Mike Hart
Darren McFadden
??????

That is my top 5, somewhat close to the order. I think I would maybe rank Mendenhall 5th.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Desean Jackson's very talented, but to be fair, he's not even the leading receiver on his own team this year. (That would be Lavelle Hawkins.) The only thing I'd really give him credit for at this point is the one big game vs. Oregon and the way he changes the game on special teams by making everyone kick away from him. If I did a Top 15, he'd probably make it, but I don't really think he's Top 10 material yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

You put James L #1. Who exactly has tOSU faced. They've been destroying cupcakes.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:50 PM

How is matt ryan not getting more love? He's only on like half of the posters top 5 lists.

Hart
Ryan
McFadden
Tebow
Mendenhall
Old 10-07-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is matt ryan not getting more love? He's only on like half of the posters top 5 lists.

Hart
Ryan
McFadden
Tebow
Mendenhall

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised this isn't more people's lists. I don't see how Hart, Tebow, and Ryan can be left off of any list. They're head and shoulders above anyone else in this race, in my estimation.