Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: TE
Witten vs NYG 3 42.86%
A Smith vs PHI 4 57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-24-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Re: A question for those who love sitting next to fatties on planes...

My plan when I'm in the exit rows is to take the door and use it to block everyone else from exiting behind me.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My plan when I'm in the exit rows is to take the door and use it to block everyone else from exiting behind me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an important step, because even if you make it out of the plane first, you know they're gonna pull that "women and children" crap when the rescue copters come.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:49 PM

I am 6'5" 245 lbs. and can't stand when people slam their chairs into me. The worst is when they do and my kneees dig into their back and they turn around and give me a look. It is not my fault my knees dig into you, I can't make my legs shorter, sorry that you have to recline when you are 5'10".

Also, I try to get exit rows, but get absolutely livid when I see little old women, etc. sitting in them. I am oftentimes the tallest guy on the plane and yet no on in the exit rows is over 6' tall, WTF.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:55 PM

Flying back to SF from London I was told by Virgin Atlantic that their exit rows are now considered upgrades...They also reserve the bulkheads for people with young children. Of course when we finally boarded the roomy bulkhead seats were taken up by a group of undersized senior citizens...God I hate 10 hour flights.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...God I hate people .

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-24-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...God I hate people .

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True...
Old 09-24-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The [censored] chair reclines like 10 degrees thereby not increasing your comfort in any way, shape or form. I

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I'm 5'8" and I'll take those 10 degrees! My back hurts bad enough after those flights and I'll take every inch of recline that I can get. Sorry your mother was a Neanderthal. I don't think the recline is bothering you THAT much. Most of you jerks push your knees into the seat just to make a point.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am 6'5" 245 lbs. and can't stand when people slam their chairs into me. The worst is when they do and my kneees dig into their back and they turn around and give me a look. It is not my fault my knees dig into you, I can't make my legs shorter, sorry that you have to recline when you are 5'10".

Also, I try to get exit rows, but get absolutely livid when I see little old women, etc. sitting in them. I am oftentimes the tallest guy on the plane and yet no on in the exit rows is over 6' tall, WTF.

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO

If one airline were to introduce a tall seating section, even if it's just 6 seats per plane, and allowed only people over 6' or 6'3" or somethign in them, I would fly a lot more and use that airline exlusively. I've been in the habbit of driving 8 or so hours instead of flying recently because of this.

I'm so over being tall, I'm done playing basetball, I can't find a car to seat my comfortably, I can't heel/toe shift because my legs are too long, hell with this!
Old 09-24-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm 6'3 and I hate sitting in airplanes, I try really hard to get exit rows but sometimes it's not possible. People who recline their seats in coach are on my all-time hate list. The [censored] chair reclines like 10 degrees thereby not increasing your comfort in any way, shape or form. In fact, I'm pretty sure the whole concept of coach reclining was invented just to piss me off. All it serves to do is to make the person behind you unbearably uncomfortable.

Also, people who deserve to be shot on sight are those who recline and then don't even attempt to sleep, they just recline for God knows what reason.

Even with all of that, I'm not enough of a dick to use this product.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're being ridiculous. Reclining makes a HUGE difference in comfort on a plane. I always recline all the way, and no one's ever complained. For us under 6-footers, it makes no difference if the person in front of us reclines. Certainly if someone behind me complains, I would make a compromise, but I'm still waiting for that to happen.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:11 PM

This thread has nothing to do with:

1) Fatties
2) sitting "next" to anyone