Jacobs 3 60.00%
Norwood 1 20.00%
Lundy 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-23-2007, 04:15 PM

Default Re: NCAAF Rank\'em: September 23, 2007

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't care if PSU is 3-1 and Michigan is 2-2. There is no way in hell they should be ranked in front of UM when UM is starting a freshman at QB and still beat them. PSU beat 3 of the worst teams in D1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think Appalachian State should be ranked ahead of Michigan then? Or how about the 'Cuse over Louisville?...

If Penn St and Mich played right now on a neutral field, Penn St would be favored.

[/ QUOTE ]
You really think they would still be favored after their performance yesterday? Morelli is straight up awful and Michigan's home field isn't intimidating by any means. Yesterday told us way more about Penn State than the first three laughers.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:16 PM

The Illini-Penn St game might say alot as well. If PSU doesn't come with a better game plan, they'll lose that game also.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:21 PM

I don't know how we'll ever know about OU since they play a total of zero difficult games all year. I would hope that if USC and OU both end up undefeated you flip them based on SOS alone, because it's not close between the two.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know how we'll ever know about OU since they play a total of zero difficult games all year. I would hope that if USC and OU both end up undefeated you flip them based on SOS alone, because it's not close between the two.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't disagree. I actually haven't seen Texas play this year (except for just a few plays), so I don't know how good they are. Considering what everyone says about them, it appears that OU will not have a tough game until their bowl game. If OU is a legitmate top 5 team, they should run the table and be in the NC game. I just hope we don't have any glaring weaknesses that haven't been exposed yet, and don't forget the lack of experience at QB.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:03 PM

Who is the biggest disappointment this season, Louisville or Michigan? Both dropped from high rankings to no votes in two weeks, but you could argue that Louisville has dropped lower overall (losing to an 0-3 Syracuse team).
Old 09-23-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't disagree. I actually haven't seen Texas play this year (except for just a few plays), so I don't know how good they are. Considering what everyone says about them, it appears that OU will not have a tough game until their bowl game. If OU is a legitmate top 5 team, they should run the table and be in the NC game. I just hope we don't have any glaring weaknesses that haven't been exposed yet, and don't forget the lack of experience at QB.

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as 1 of UF/LSU and USC don't.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:14 PM

I really don't see USC running the table. They have to play at Oregon, at Cal, and at Arizona State. That's two top ten teams and another in the Top 25, all on the road. I think they drop at least one of those (probably Oregon), although if they win out, I agree they have to be in the national title game no matter who else is undefeated.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously

my polls are extremely fluid and teams can/will move down/up even if they won the previous game
Old 09-23-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who is the biggest disappointment this season, Louisville or Michigan? Both dropped from high rankings to no votes in two weeks, but you could argue that Louisville has dropped lower overall (losing to an 0-3 Syracuse team).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this one should be 100% louisville.

Sure Mich was ranked #5, but I can't recall reading any site/mag that had them as a serious threat to get into the BCS game .... a 1 loss B10 team this year wouldn't get the nod over a 1 loss SEC/PAC10 team, and while UM was ranked high, so were PSU, Wisc, OSU so the chances of running the table were remote.

UM still has a good chance to fight their way into the Rose Bowl and end up in the top 10, and even if not, a Jan 1st game is very reachable .... I can't see Louisville getting into a Jan 1st game at this point
Old 09-23-2007, 08:56 PM

Here is my top 10.

USC
LSU
OU
WVU
FLORIDA

Oregon
Cal
Texas
OSU
Bost College

teams that excite me: USF, Kentucky
teams that tilt me: Wisconsin, 'Bama, Rutgers (nice 5 game pre-season)