Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness

Old 09-22-2007, 09:46 PM

Default Re: Drinking a crap load of water...

[ QUOTE ]
I'm dieting now. Did OP eat this way when he was dieting? I try and eat 5-6 times a day to boost the metabolism.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing was, i used to eat alot of carbs and sugars. That summer when i started working out i cut out basically ALL simple sugars, no soda candy or anything and seiruosly reduced my complex carbs. When i was actually excersing i ate 3 meals a day, but made sure i had less than 10 grams of sugar a day and less than 1000 mg of sodium ( i had high blood pressure which was a huge reason for me to get in better shape). The one mile was basically working me out till exhausion, i started at about a 12 mile pace but towards the end of the summer i was doing about a 7:30 min mile. I think the fact that i was litteraly a blob of fat(220 or so and could only bench about 160) and was essentially, completley sedentary before that, and had no regard for what i was eating before( fast food, probably more than 3000 calories a day, tons of rice) accounted for my rapid weight loss.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:24 AM

Sounds like your typical yo yo diet plus water.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:41 PM

interestingly, the safety levels for fluoride in the water were set with the parameter of 1 gallon of maximum water drinking daily. So if you live in the desert and drink more, you will be getting toxic levels if you drink tap water, and it is cumulitive like lead so it builds up the older you get.