Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Jackpot coming to Venetian

I spoke with Kathy Raymond at length Wed night, and it's true. If they haven't already decided to start one, then it's definitely on the near-horizon.

I may not have disuaded her, but I gave it my best shot. I told her that jackpots aren't good for good players and not good for the poker economy. They don't improve games, and since good players hate them, they will be much less likely to play in a room with jackpots. And good players are needed for good games.

I don't know how much impact I had, but she certainly seemed willing to listen. She also seemed receptive to the idea of working out something with 2+2. If Mason and the V had had an autograph session and reception for Winning Tough Games, it might have done good for both parties. This was something else that appeared to intrigue her.

For some reason, they seem to think that they must get the midlimit games from Bellagio if they are to be successful. I suggested that, one, they already are successful, and two, it won't be midlimit games that make the room a success, but good games. If the no limit games are good games and there are plenty of them, people will come.

I told her I thought the couches and chairs should come out and tables be put there so there could be more railbirding. Again, she seemed responsive to that suggestion.

So, she asked me to give her any more suggestions regarding the room and I told her about the B&M Forum here on 2+2 and the great suggestions I'd seen here. She said she does check in occasionally, so maybe she'll see this and know that there are a lot of us out there that want to see the V do well.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Jackpot coming to Venetian

remember what happened to the last person who came on here from the V to ask for advice...oh yea he was canned.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:26 PM

They may have to cane me since they cannot can me. I'm a humble player who happens to like the V. If one can try and by trying make a difference, then the world's better off for the trying.

I only eat Chinese for the fortune cookies.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I told her I thought the couches and chairs should come out and tables be put there so there could be more railbirding. Again, she seemed responsive to that suggestion.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is still my biggest pet peave of this room! NO RAIL! There are exactly 2 tables out of 39 on the rail. There should be an easy 6 or more games on the rail, not a stained window to keep players from looking in. Take down that silly window and use those games more often would be the first thing. Higher end players will play wherever anyways and 5/10 NL isn't that high [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And yes, I've seen the 25/50 NL game in the back and that just hides it from any potential players that could see it from the rail, whether those are potential for that game or others, hiding the action games from the rail is a detrement to getting players into said action games.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:02 AM

Don't take out the couches though, it's nice to have a place to sit. Move them towards the back a little maybe.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't take out the couches though, it's nice to have a place to sit. Move them towards the back a little maybe.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see most people just sit at an empty table or the slots outside when waiting. Go figure.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I may not have disuaded her, but I gave it my best shot. I told her that jackpots aren't good for good players and not good for the poker economy. They don't improve games, and since good players hate them, they will be much less likely to play in a room with jackpots. And good players are needed for good games.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you explain that one? When I think of good games, I think of exactly the opposite: a gave with a bunch of gamblers with as few good players nitting up the game as possible.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:20 AM

Theres not enough people to merit wasting the space with couches...I think more donk games along the rail is good idea....also topless waitresses is a proven winner
Old 04-14-2007, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
.also topless waitresses is a proven winner

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can convince them of this, you'll be pretty much everyone's best friend!
Old 04-14-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see most people just sit at an empty table or the slots outside when waiting. Go figure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Table chairs <> couches.

There is plenty of room on the side wall towards the back for the couches. They always have empty tables so it's not like they need the space.