Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Old 03-15-2007, 11:32 AM

Default Re: Jennifer Harmon\'s nose squinting

[ QUOTE ]
You watch her on TV and she seems tight, not particularly inventive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that makes matasow the greatest player ever.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It does make her look cute and helps her avoid giving off other tells.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. I'd hit it.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You watch her on TV and she seems tight, not particularly inventive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that makes matasow the greatest player ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was that even in question?
Old 03-15-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I never thought she was a good poker player. Couldn't understand all the accolades from the other top pros. You watch her on TV and she seems tight, not particularly inventive.

[/ QUOTE ]No kidding man. TV tournaments and No limit cash games are obviously the only type of poker in the world
Old 03-15-2007, 11:56 AM

On HSP, she had something like the king high flush on the river and doesn't value bet it. I think it was Eli she was up against. You got to value bet the king hi flush against him.
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I never thought she was a good poker player. Couldn't understand all the accolades from the other top pros. You watch her on TV and she seems tight, not particularly inventive.

[/ QUOTE ]No kidding man. TV tournaments and No limit cash games are obviously the only type of poker in the world

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-15-2007, 12:04 PM

learn to spell that [censored] name you god damn horse [censored], how hard can it be?
Old 03-15-2007, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But I just finish Craig's book, The professor, the banker and the suicide king and came away impressed by how she was able to work her way up to the top poker levels, going bust several times on the way up. She played Beal pretty aggressively heads-up (50,000-100,000 blinds) and did well against him.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have no real evidence that she is either good or bad. Her chapter in SuperSystem didn't suck, but it wasn't particularly insightful. One could probably work their way up the limits playing like that. But lots of regular posters here play just as well.

Maybe she uses tells really well and benefits from live, but we don't know.

We have statements from other high stakes poker players saying how good she is, but these statements are worth nothing.

Moving up the limits at that rate and going busto several times is not a point in her favor. If most of the better players here somehow went busto, they would get a job and never have the time to play poker seriously again.

It seems unlikely that she is a fish. But I don't think anybody who hasn't played with her has enough evidence to know whether she is great or just meh good.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:20 PM

I've got to disagree strongly with what you say. EVERY evidence points to her winning her way up to the HIGHEST limit games in the world. Talking 4000-8000 blinds here, how many posters can play for those stakes. She didn't inherit her money nor was she supplemented by a really big tournament win.

The evidence is in the results.
[ QUOTE ]
We have no real evidence that she is either good or bad. Her chapter in SuperSystem didn't suck, but it wasn't particularly insightful. One could probably work their way up the limits playing like that. But lots of regular posters here play just as well.

Maybe she uses tells really well and benefits from live, but we don't know.

We have statements from other high stakes poker players saying how good she is, but these statements are worth nothing.

Moving up the limits at that rate and going busto several times is not a point in her favor. If most of the better players here somehow went busto, they would get a job and never have the time to play poker seriously again.

It seems unlikely that she is a fish. But I don't think anybody who hasn't played with her has enough evidence to know whether she is great or just meh good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-15-2007, 12:27 PM

she's a milf.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:31 PM

But she squints her nose!!1