Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2007, 10:28 AM

Default Re: OT: Friends don\'t let friends play limit

[ QUOTE ]
Plus, NL is illegal in MN CARDROOMS.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:56 PM

Walk into a poker room, count the limit games going, count the nl games. I think limit is going to be just fine.

Personally I think nl is better for tourney play but don't think that limit can be beat as a cash game.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:03 PM

NL is trendy, and therefore juicy at the moment. There's still soft play everywhere. Personally prefer LHE to NLHE since it's easier to play on autopilot, but I think I'm a better NL player. NL is more work and higher risk.

Oddly enough, with the whole NL fad I've gotten re-interested in stud which is the east coast game I learned first, and now Omaha 8. I like the idea of being a better all-around poker player and being able to sit anywhere.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:16 PM

the more i've thought about it, the less i think it must be such an extreme end of the spectrum(to the extent NL dies out). more likely, NL will equalize a bit, in terms of popularity, with limit. the money will be there, it will just be a product of how they ran in what structure or what makes thems feel more comfortable that dictates where they give action.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:07 PM

Dear Friend,

What your profiting buddies are trying to tell you is that the thing about limit is that the low stakes games are essentially a craps shoot; especially when every old biddy at the table is calling your raise, and your paying out almost 15 percent to the house when pots rarely exceed the rake’s cap. Furthermore, when you break into the higher stakes, the blinds can get real expensive if you’re a rather conservative player, which I assume you are. Low stakes, no limit often offers the big pot sizes of higher stakes limit games without the crippling blind structure. Sure the swings can be intimidating, but if you’re are having trouble, I suggest Caro’s Book of Poker Tells. It’s a great read, and it has helped me tremendously in my no limit endeavors (specifically how to read players bets). Also, No Limit Hold ‘Em, Theory and Practice is a good for the transition. Not as captivating, but certainly helpful for former limit players who are trying to make the switch. Listen to your friends, friend. No limit is Swiffering the nation. There are literally hundreds of well to do fish out there who are literally throwing away millions of dollars per year with horrendous plat, and it’s all there for the taking. Do your homework. Make the transition. You’ll be happy you did.

My Best,
Buzzards and dreadful Crows

P.S. Limit is for girls. LOL
Old 04-29-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
P.S. Limit is for girls. LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Wanna play heads up $50/$100 Limit? lol
Old 04-30-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Friend,

What your profiting buddies are trying to tell you is that the thing about limit is that the low stakes games are essentially a craps shoot; especially when every old biddy at the table is calling your raise, and your paying out almost 15 percent to the house when pots rarely exceed the rake’s cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are some of the reasons that I like Spread limit games with a single blind. (1-5, 2-10) You can watch a lot of hand for a low seat rent. $1 or $2 to see 9 hands and get into pots from $60-$300 (we have a $300 pot cap in Montana)
No Limit in Montana is a wierd with the $300 cap some times it's a lottery. Example 4 players go "all in" they split it $75 per player for the $300 cap. I'll stick with 1-5 & 2-10 thank you.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eh, i hear it too. When i go to Commerce it seems like the all of the young guns are playing NL. Even though they arent very good and usually play weak/tight. Now in Limit its relatively old guys(40-65) and most of them are so used to playing bad, they dont how to make the correct mathematical decision most of the time. Basically, the players at Limit are easier to take advantage of and are very loose. Thats why i will stick with Limit( i am 22 btw).

Anyway some people are suited better for NL, some are not. I ll stick with limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

We got at least 20 years of soft limit games left.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:31 PM

If it's your game, why not continue to play it? I can't do no limit outside of tournaments. It's really hard for me to change gears, and I think no limit players think they're just plain better at poker than limit players. IMO, this is assinine. I say, it's your game, and when they come crawling to you for help, you make them learn by playing agianst you for a couple hours and make them appologize!