Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 05:51 AM

Default Re: Worst run of cards ever? 4/8Live

hey guys the NL forum is just below this forum on the left side? :-p
Old 03-07-2007, 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Played for 2 1/2 hours last night at Bellagio. I saw exactly one river, and that was a checkdown

[/ QUOTE ]

Worst run?

Far from it.

This seems routine to me.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

thisis very true, it's only 2.5 hrs? are you kidding me...
thats like what 80 hands?
Old 03-07-2007, 06:53 AM

Old 03-07-2007, 01:11 PM

Hmm, maybe because this has been in the middle of a horrible week/beginning of a month. Played yesterday afternoon/last night at Red Rock for 11 hours and made a grand total of $7. Better than the $150/$200 beatings I've been taking. I've had two winning sessions out of the last nine, both have been for less than $20 for 18 hours of play, which is far better than the <100BBs I've lost the other times.

I just thought that maybe going that long without even seeing a river was unusual. I'd get ATs in the SB and all low cards none suited on the flop, etc. I only got past the flop the one time it was checked down. It's been a strange and difficult start to the month.

The good news is I'm very confident that even when I'm card dead and or cold-decked, if I stick around long enough I can mount a comeback. Eventually.

As for not having played live much, would 3-4 days a week for the last ten months constitute much? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I could really use a nice win right now.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:06 PM

I feel for you. We have all been there. You have to believe and understand that we all get the same hands, in the same distribution, in the long run.

All of us want to be "TAGs." To accomplish that we have to wait out the horrible card-dead times, get a hand we can play, and then, if the situation is right, bet it very aggressively.

I used to get depressed and passive when I had been dead for a while, but I have come to understand it and just kind of go with it. I hope you do that too. Hang in there!

I live less than a mile from Red Rock, but I don't care much for the games there and usually play at Wynn; sometimes Bellagio. I'd bet we have been at the same tables a few times. Maybe I'll run across you some time, and say "Sup Bro?" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

bc
Old 03-07-2007, 02:23 PM

I was playing the 4/8 at RR yesterday afternoon as well. What table were you at?
Old 03-07-2007, 02:30 PM

You may have to settle for having played well. If you have been reading my posts, my story is similar to yours. And last Sunday was particularly frustrating because I was at GREAT 4/8 action table where taking top pair to showdown consistently would have been worth a small fortune. But I had to fold the crap because we were playing on Planet No Fold 'Em. I finally caught some cards just before I had to leave and my last two orbits give me a small win for the day. I think I played well under the circumstances. But it also stuck in my craw to have to fold out of all these hands that were easy to read and didn't need much to win. The lost opportunity was frustrating, but totally out of my control. I played well within my opportunities, but emotionally the negative side was the louder voice in me. I don't know what to do about that.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have to believe and understand that we all get the same hands, in the same distribution, in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

Warm and fuzzy, but not necessarily true. See the discussion going on now in "Poker Theory" (http://tinyurl.com/3exd2o).
Old 03-08-2007, 12:25 AM

I was at table 12? I think at RR from 2:30 to 11:30 Tues. Always wear the hat in the icon, although mine is now much more well-worn. (Last week, at Caesar's, Chris Ferguson was standing next to my table and I said, "He's got better hair, but I've got a better hat.)

I'll be back at RR, tomorrow, grinding away my 75 hours by the end of the month. Stop and say hi.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:43 PM

Yeah it's frustrating especailly when there are obviously bad players loosing there small buy in's to all of the others at the table but you can't get any cards to get some for yourself.
I really feel patience is one of the biggest things that seperates a serious winning player from someone there just to gamble it up. It's easy to call a raise with AToff when it's the best cards you've seen in an hour, but the truely great players are the ones that still fold it because they know it's a dominated type hand.
Losing the least you can with bad cards or bad flops in one of the most important skills for the limit player to master. What gets me through all of the card dead times is when I think of rushes where I get big cards and win several huge pots in a row because I know it can happen at any time.