Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing

Old 01-30-2007, 11:42 PM

Default I Need Help Selecting a Shopping Cart

I have agreed to partner up with a friend in his business and the first thing I want to do is rebuild the website from scratch. The problem is I have never built a site with a shopping cart before. There are a ton of available options and I don't have any idea which one is best.

We're only selling one product. We will be selling accessories in the future, but I can't imagine us ever having more than nine or ten different items available on the site.

I just looked over ZenCart and Roman Cart and realized that I could spend days looking at all of the different shopping carts available and still not make the right choice. Should we just go with something simple and use the PayPal Certified Integration or???
Old 01-31-2007, 03:14 PM

Default Re: I Need Help Selecting a Shopping Cart

ZenCart is just OSCommerce with some of the "nice" contributions already installed. OSCommerce is pretty easy to install and upgrade provided you're comfortable modifying PHP files. I'd check out templatemonster to find a nice looking template if you choose OSC or ZenCart.

Overall I'm pretty happy with OSC (actually I'm using CRELoaded Pro which is a $$ version of OSC) so far but I'm still in the process of getting products in my site and getting the template I bought to be HTML 4.01 valid.