Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2007, 05:42 AM

Default Re: Vegas Locals meet?

"there is also a no-limit group that meets Monday nights in the Tuscany coffee shop at 10 p.m"

They sometimes also meet in the Tuscany Mexican restaurant. This is where they have met the past two Mondays anyway.

FWIW, me and some buddies are hitting the Venetian poker room Wednesday at around 9:00 pm. If you see a fat guy with a 2+2 belt buckle, a Red Rock Poker hat, a beer in each hand and BBQ sauce on his shirt.......Say, "Hi".

Best Wishes

Howard
Old 01-21-2007, 08:14 AM

I'll bite. PM me if there's some sort of meetup or some people want to go to the Wednesday Binions thing.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"there is also a no-limit group that meets Monday nights in the Tuscany coffee shop at 10 p.m"

They sometimes also meet in the Tuscany Mexican restaurant. This is where they have met the past two Mondays anyway.

FWIW, me and some buddies are hitting the Venetian poker room Wednesday at around 9:00 pm. If you see a fat guy with a 2+2 belt buckle, a Red Rock Poker hat, a beer in each hand and BBQ sauce on his shirt.......Say, "Hi".

Best Wishes

Howard

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect. I'll be at the V on Wed night, and try to stay up a bit past my bedtime. Since you and I know each other, anyone who knows either of us will connect. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I just hoped to put some faces to the names.

I'll be the low limit donkey in the leather hat, for anyone but Howard, who already knows it.

I'll also be at the WPDG, if anyone cares to show up there.

Cya.

CJ
Old 01-21-2007, 10:43 AM

"Perfect. I'll be at the V on Wed night, and try to stay up a bit past my bedtime."

I'll try to get there before 9:00 pm. I've got a dinner thing at 6:30 but think it should be over about 8 or so. Hope to be at the Venetian before 9:00 pm and may play (& drink?) all night long.

Hope to see you there!

Best Wishes

Howard
Old 01-23-2007, 10:31 AM

If I'm in the mood for donking it up and throwing dealers half-pots I may show up so I can see Don Olney's and LasVegasMichael's Venetian pay stubs in person.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:55 AM

Ouch, now that hurts me 52s.
I am just support a room that is willing to let the poker regs. have a nice place to meet.
Sorry to have hit a sore spot with you.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:30 PM

LOL. 52s, you really do have a sore spot. You weren't the only one they canned. Hate on the room, fine, but don't hate on the players that like it. Jeesh.

As of late, I have only played there once on the past few weeks actually, as I have been experiementing in slightly deeper stack 1/2 at Ballys and TI since about Nov. However, I do feel that it is still the best overall room available, despite my lack of being there, of late. Once the $300 max goes into effect, it is true that I will be there more often.

FWIW, I have met Howard and Don in person, and can further verify that neither of them work there (and they can verify me). So there.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:26 PM

52s, LVM, & Don are all super cool guys.

btw, A buddy of mine had a bad experience at the Mandalay Bay poker room last week (crazy rules) and told me he feels like they treat you like gold at the Venetian. So that's why we're donking it up there Wednesday night.

If any 2+2ers are at the V on Wednesday night, make sure you say,"hi" to a fat guy in a Red Rock Poker baseball cap!

Happy Pokering,

Howard
Old 01-23-2007, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have met Howard and Don in person, and can further verify that neither of them work. So there.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp
Old 05-14-2007, 03:32 AM

Sorry to bump an old thread, but one of the things I'm looking forward to doing during our 10 day trip in June is meeting some of y'all.

That said, is the WPDG still ongoing? Their website hasn't been updated in 10 months and a search on here has brought this only thread, really.

That said, any of y'all up for meeting up one day between June 2-10?